Anyways, honestly there hasn't been much going on. I honestly rarely go out these days. I'm such a hermit lol. But hey it's not unusual really. Just means I'm truly that snob you've all known to hate :) I mean I have a reputation to keep you know. But for the times I actually made an effort to go out and all I'll blog about :)
Dougie's 21st was the first time I've been out for a while. I mean there's always been some random dinners and whatnot but this is what I mean by being a hermit - I honestly don't go out anymore. Yes it's a shock to the older readers of any readership that I have left but hey I mean I just don't really have a life anymore. That shouldn't be a shock to anyone hehehe.
But yeah Dougie's 21st reminded me of Liss and Pappy's 21st where it was held at his place, like how Liss and Pappy's was as well and both had marquees set up on top of that. So that was pretty nice I guess. It was honestly a relatively "quiet" evening. Well at least to Dougie's standards hehehe. It was interesting to hear all his stories like how him and a friend of his pretended to be from Lacuna Beach in the States. That was pretty funny I must admit.
What did surprise me was that his party was relatively toned down. I mean I'm not saying that he's crazy ALL the time...(I mean we're all crazy at least half the time anyways) but more like how there weren't too many things or anything that I remember that was really crazy hehehe. I mean it was fun and fantastic as it was but I mean none of his friends did anything too nuts. To me - that was surprising but hey it was a good surprise I guess :)
The other thing I attended recently was Trina's going away party. Basically she went away to get married and live with her soon to be husband :) Anyways she had her going away party a few days before she left and yeah it was a small gathering at her place. What I meant by "small gathering" was all her family friends and let me tell you it was quite a few people there and I could guess that not EVERYONE turned up and her random friends like us lol.
Although we didn't stay that long it was definitely great to see her just before she left. I mean you could kinda guess how it would turn out anyways. The VIP has to run around like crazy because of all the people there and you only get about a few minutes to talk to the VIP. But hey it was great to say farewell to her before she left.
Honestly, that's everything that I've been out to that was a proper event. Honestly. I mean there's alot of us who feel we're getting old already. I mean I was out with some high school boys a while back and all we did was have dinner, a few drinks and then we went home. Yeah sounds like a typical night right? Well what if I told you we finished up at like 10ish on a Friday night? I don't know about the other boys but I sure feel like we're all getting really old.
Of course this post wouldn't be complete without something from Blogthings :) I thought I'd get a different answer to this one but oh well this is what they say:
You Belong in Generation Y |
![]() You fit in best with people born between 1982 and 2001. You are cooperative, flexible, and adaptable. You know the world changes quickly, and you're eager to change with it. You are socially responsible, forward thinking, and open minded. |
Yeah I'm still addicted to Blogthings hehehe.
Apart from all this well there's not all that much to really talk about. Oh actually yeah to all those who emailed me - I'm sorry for getting back late. I've been really slack in answering :(
But yeah honestly my life's now become a complete bore these days. I know; who would've thought it would be more boring that it was before? I mean I shock myself some times lol...

7 comments:
You mean you've only just started ending the night at 10pm? Dude, in high school my friends' parents used to take bets on whether or not we'd be home by 9.30pm. We used to try to stay out till 10pm to prove them wrong. We seldom managed it.
Hey that's high school...that's ancient history lol. In this day and age 10pm is really nothing and yet we're getting old too fast :(
Sigh.
I mean these days you could stay past 10 if you wanted to...
I could stay out past 10pm in high school too. Well, let's clarify. I was allowed to. As said though, my friends and I just never seemed to manage it, much to my friends' parents' disgust. (my friends and I must have been the first teenagers in history to have their parents urging them to stay out later)
But amen to feeling old now, though. I used to laugh at my friends who were 24 and said they felt so old... now I'm beginning to see where they were coming from.
On my church weekend away it was nice to feel like one of the young energetic ones- simply because I stayed up past 11pm!
But now I must dash, got to get back to my knitting. (you think I'm joking?)
Ok gotcha makes sense. Wow you probably were the first teenagers who had parents doing that hehehe. Shocking :P
I know eh? It's just that we never knew what the world was about and now that we have a glimpse, we can get where they're coming from. In the big scheme of things alright we still have a long way to go but damn do we feel old hehehe.
11pm? Hehehe wow shock horror :P How was your church weekend away anyways?
I know you don't joke around with knitting, I mean it's a necessity with you so I understand hehehe :)
Church weekend away was good. So nice to escape a picturesque place, that was a good one as far as camp venues go, and have a relaxed Christian camp. None of the manic 'need to fit all this in and you'll come home exhausted' of MYC, Ignition, NTE etc. None of the 'let's do something crazy and energetic' mentality of uni students either, which was nice. Proof once more I'm getting old? lol
No mobile reception, it was in the middle of a valley just outside Nowra, the weather was cold and drizzly, and there was a wood-burning heater in the dining room, which made it the perfect place to be during the luxurious amount of free time on the Saturday.
Nice :) Sounds like something that we'll never do most of the time hehehe. But it actually raises a good point though - like we should go on more retreats that are more relaxing rather than cramming and overloading ourselves all over again.
How many people went to yours Katus?
We had about 30 go, which is a good turnout given it was just a thing for the evening church, which is a medium sized congregation.
Relaxing retreats are good, in my opinion. Almost everyone who went is either a student- school or uni- or working, so we all appreciate the time to just crash and hang out with people we may or may not know so well.
Post a Comment