Monday, August 07, 2006

Blog Crazy? What?

Apparently I'm part of this new phase where some of the girls from CU 'inspired' others to create blogs...and now with my return to Blogspot, it's apparently going crazy...

Take Kate for example:

"Gosh, it's all happening in the bloggosphere, we've created a monster! Not only have we inspired other people to get blogspot blogs but now we seem to be expanding and discovering new people with pre-existing blogs to add to the blogrings. It's all fun. I just followed Em's link to Matt's blog and discovered that he has already linked to Katusville! Ah, gotta love online communities :-P (those of you who have been reading this for long enough might remember one of my tute presentations last semester was on online communities :-/) Now I just need to start a trend and get everyone making their own templates rather than sticking with blogger's boring templates."

Now take Manda's example:

"Blog Crazy!

wow! It seems that there are alot of CUers that have pre-existing blogs and I didn't know about them. I've added some of them to my "Friends" list...lol. It turns out I'm already on the friends list of some blogger's. I'm on Matt's. HI Matt! Now poor Dave is the only non-uni blog friend. I would make Sarah get a blog, but she's doing her HSC and I couldn't tempt her. That's just Cruel!"

Dunno if it's just me or they're just really, really surprised that many other people have Blogspot blogs...I'm sure that there's bound to be someone else in CU who has one...But while we're at it...it doesn't hurt to get others to join up or revert back to Blogspot.

Oh yeah Manda, it's not cruel to get Sarah to blog even though it's her HSC...I did worse (aka more time wasting) things than blog...Besides, most of the time away from school you'd do next to nothing anyways...fine that was me but besides the point...

Realised more links weren't working properly so I fixed them instead of finishing uni work. Ah the joys of Blogspot... All of the random links are worth checking out except one you shouldn't go to unless you have alot of time on your hands (Castle Game).

Was reading Nate's blog (Yeah haven't read it in months) and stumbled across this:

"question two: is there any hope once you're in the friendzone?"

So what'd you reckon? Is there hope?

Anyways, should get back to doing some uni work...ok ok I'll be back after I finish this 1 tute...

7 comments:

Amanda said...

Friend zone? are we talking about being a friend of a girl/guy and possibly not being able to leave the "friend zone". I think that is silly! In fact, I would encourage Christian espesially, to consider friendships in advance. How else will you know the person well enough to consider any other relationship.

(that's all I'll say for now. Atleast till someone else joins the conversation)

Ascasewwen said...

Don't take so much of the credit ;o)

Actually the surprise is just that at the same time as we talked Em and Bella into getting blogs we discover other people with them so our little blogring kind of doubled overnight.

But my comment on the insanity that's happening in the blogs was more to do with an unrelated incident that I didn't expand any further on on Katusville.

Eh? said...

Manda: Yes that's what he was trying to get at. Well yeah that got me thinking as well so thank you for your thoughts :)

Kate: Alright my bad about that, but hey u can't blame me for taking that context...well apart from the unrelated incident...which was jumbled and i still don't understand/leave it to you to disclose if you want.

Ascasewwen said...

I don't think I can improve on Em's comment regarding the friendzone question!

Eh? said...

I talked about this with Ems, say that's true and it is better to form relationships by being friends first, but the tendency (you can dispute me on this one) is that when you enter the 'friendzone', it's easier to remain that way because it's more comfortable for everyone apart from the person who has the crush.

So if that happens, it's more likely that they'll remain friends rather than anything more happening...so what'd you guys think about that?

Amanda said...

That's an interesting one.
My comment (if anyone is still in this conversation)would be, I agree with you Matt, that the 'comfort zone' is sometimes the 'friend zone'. The fear that someone that you like may become overly comfortable in the 'friend zone' and not wish to leave their 'comfort zone' can be a frightening aspect.

I guess it's something we just have to trust God in, and remember that these are our Brothers and sisters in christ. We should treat them with respect and love, and not worry about their "feelings" towards us.

But I guess it's easier said than done...

Eh? said...

Well yeah that's the whole point, that's why platonic relationships are complicated, because God is driving it, but no one knows in which way so it's hard...