Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Heresy already? But it's only week 3...

Wow just this day is craaaaaaaaaaaazy. I didn't even do that much at all, just made myself a fool a few times, but they weren't the big bits though...Yes the world doesn't revolve around me...

Kate spent the morning stuck on King George's Road due to a pileup and arrived to uni about 45 minutes late? Only? But to sit through traffic at crawling pace...that's harsh on anyone aiiii...and had her attempt to replicate her motherly/teacherly voice without laughing...whilst I was hehehe...i'm very impressed that you didn't crack up at yourself Kate :)

I don't know how Ems does it but she's sold so so many boxes of chocolates to CUers and to her early childhood people it's not funny. I've bought 2 from her already...and considering my financial position at the moment, I shouldn't be spending more...Also realised how bad her maths really was at the same time (Quoted phone convo):

Pete: How many boxes of chocolates do you have?
Ems: Um...34.
Pete: 34? But I just gave you 34...
Ems: Oh wait...it's 18.
Pete: How'd you get 34 from 18?

Ah Ems...there's just no comment for you at all. I'm sure Kate has some wonderful things to say about you and some of your selected arguments as well *nods*.

Then again, I can't say much (On the way to uni and paraphrased):

Me: (Referring to Clemens and his influence) There's no such thing as democracy. I was forced to take that on.

Not too long after:

Me: I wasn't forced to take them on...
Ems: HAHAHA
Me: Wait...NOOOOOOOOOO...*shakes head*

Hey it was early in the morning, well early in the morning for me. Not my fault at all...

Oh yeah now I fear for my life with Trina...she's so going to kill me somehow. I know she's devising some EBIL way to kill me...probably slowly and painfully...she's EBIL...ask me what I'm talking about here.

Now the point of the title: One of my lecturers made some "questionable" comments in his lecture today. He was saying that the Pharisees weren't responsible for crucifying Jesus. He was also saying they're not that bad at all, that the way they're presented is a mistake. What'd you guys reckon about that?

Many things I need to do this weekend aiiiii, oh well hopefully i'll be able to do them all...





Gunners Update

Dinamo Zagreb - Arsenal 0 -3
Arsenal v Aston Villa - Kick-off midnight Sunday

19 comments:

Ascasewwen said...

I very nearly did crack up. You sitting there bordering on hysterical laughter didn't help!

Em's lack of mathematical ability just cracked me up though. Ah Em, you're my hero.

HA! I think I'll just paraphrase Matt's words for Em:
"She's not knowledgeable" hehe

Not sufficiently awake to back it up with any logical reasoning or biblical backing, but this lecturer's views are concerning to say the least, so wrong to say the most accurate!

Oh, and Matt, there is no way by any stretch of the imagination that 4.20 p.m. is early in the morning!!! :-)
LOL!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

I am also curious! I want to know what you mean by EBIL =)

Your LECTURER said this? What subject was this for? I'm also a bit confused as to what he was trying to say. I suppose one could argue that technically it was our sins that were ultimately responsible for crucifying Jesus, but then I don't see why he says that the way the Pharisees were presented was a mistake. :S Did he have any evidence to back his claims up?

Oh and this should've been posted on the other blog, but I want to check out the Lindt Cafe too =)

Eh? said...

EBIL? The only other person who could answer that would be Manda, and i'm not sure if she really can...The real question to that is "What did you do to Trina?" That one, come and ask me about that.

I'm going to throw another statement that'll be like "What?" - This lecturer is respected within CU as someone who knows his stuff and who, himself, is Christian...Oh yeah Vani, it's not about the "base" reason, i.e. our sins, but contextually, who was responsible for crucifying Jesus...

This lecturer did back up their claims with evidence, but I gotta listen to the ilecture to get that 1 passage that, if read in the same way he did, would back up his claims.

About Lindt, stay tuned, I'm thinking of something now, but i'm not too sure if you'd be able to make Vani...

Eh? said...

Almost forgot to add this too. This'll give away a bit of what he's trying to point out here, but it sorta already has been given out...anyways:

He also said that the Pharisees were the conservatives of the time...and the ones who were close to being 1st century evangelists, closest being Paul and the Apostles...The Pharisees were on the right track to do that, but obviously didn't agree with some major points...

Ascasewwen said...

Ha, when you said Trina was EBIL I considered asking what you did to her but decided to give you the benefit of the doubt.

Still very hmmm about that Pharisees claim.

Ascasewwen said...

Yes, but you don't know what to say to make Kate actually fall off her chair.

Nor did you work out how to get me to buy chocolate. (there is a way... you can probably guess. It involves Freddos. With pink stuff inside. Rhymes with claw ferry bread-o. :-D)

I'll give you the 4:30pm one though! LOL

Eh? said...

Hey we were WALKING into uni, that was at 10 in the morning and NOT 4:30...which I would've been in class by then so there :P

That whole knowledgeable thing was referring to you actually trying to defend the usefulness of Microsoft and Windows...

Figured out who the lecturer is yet?

Eh? said...

Oh yeah thanks Kate for giving me the benefit of the doubt :) I would never do anything EBIL at all...

Eh? said...

...Fine...grrrrrrrr...my bad short term memory...

I'm shocked that you know what i'm slightly on about...:P

I'm not EBIL, i'm never EBIL...Trina's EBIL, not me...

Amanda said...

Which Manda did you mean. If it was me, than I am confused. What am I sposed to 'get'?

Do you know that after CU on wednesday whilst walking across the floor in the cafe, All I could hear were crunching noises. There were so many MnM's scattered all over the place...

Ascasewwen said...

And most of them seemed to be blue ones. Strange.

Amanda said...

Really, I didn't notice that.

Why aren't you on MSN... We seem to both be online... but where's Katus?!

Eh? said...

Yeah I was referring to you...you're supposed to get EBIL...think AQ...

Blue MnM's? All that chocolate...what a waste...

Alright i'm sure by now you know it's Chris Forbes, but why would he make such a statement?

He actually blames the Sadducees for Jesus' crucification. Why the Pharisees were the conservatives and not the bad dudes back then? We're relying on one source. If you checked out some of the Rabbi's teachings, some of them actually agree with Jesus on some aspects, and some seem to say "Seek the Kingdom of God" and "Love your neighbour as yourself". If you want to know where i'm getting this from, ask me about it.

That's just the basics of what he was saying, but you get the jist...

Eh? said...

I know :) But for *some* reason, Manda likes the normal ones better than the green crispy mint MnM's...

Anonymous said...

... it seems as though I've stumbled into some microcosm here, and never knew you were an Arsenal fan.

Eh? said...

Oh yeah, it's a whole little community between all the CUers listed...and yes now you know i'm a Gunners fan :) All we need now is Buffon...if he comes...

Ascasewwen said...

Yay for the CU online community :o)

Anonymous said...

Amusing indeed. And as for the discussion, I recommend Stott's book... even if it doesn't help, its a good read. Arsenal are going to end the season trophyless (the Blues and Reds will win the league and the cups) hehee.

Eh? said...

It's also a historian perspective using normal historian techniques - gathering evidence from different sources and making a "educated guess"

As for the Gunners, they'll soooooo win something this year, doesn't matter what, they'll win something. They'll win something with the Reds, I have alot of respect for them...