Monday, August 21, 2006

I'm such a bad friend...

Last year I saw some of my friends miss heaps of their friend's 21sts due to various reasons, many of which were valid, but I thought to myself "I'm not gonna be like them, i'm gonna go to virtually every 21st I'm invited to"...How wrong that turned out to be aiiiiii...

Here's the list of people's 21sts that I've missed this year. (I'm sorry to each and every single one of you, I regret missing them all :( In no particular order)
  • Tian
  • Will Wang
  • Dan Ng
  • George
  • Nancy
  • Bel
  • Ye
  • Jarryd
  • Bella
  • Geoff
  • Alan
  • Tim
  • Bo

There's some more, but they're not in my phone nor in my diary so I can't remember who else i've missed, but as you see, it's close to 15 already. I'm already missing one more 21st due to travel problems, and that's just the 21sts that i've missed...there's heaps more.

Some of them, it wasn't my fault...multiple 21sts on the same nights, and others were my fault for not making sure nor taking the necessary steps to make it. But yeah I have such a bad track record it's not funny :(

What's worse now is that my dad just bought a new router...sorta like a modem for you people where technology and you never get along. Anyways, we have a wireless home network and with the new router, I can't connect to the net :( So right now i'm on another comp typing this out...

It also means i'll be missing ALOT of blogs between now and when I eventually come back properly...oh well I'll come back eventually...IF and IF we get the settings fixed somehow when we don't know what's wrong...

Now for all you who deal with kids, you know how stressful it can be. I certainly experience that and sometimes they get on my nerve. Anyways, in Sunday School, a replacement was in yesterday for another teacher, and she made this comment:

Cerise: I have a new-found respect for Sunday School teachers.

She's a young tertiary leader, and she sees how much of a difference there is in leading kids between her group...and she was helping out a year 6 class. It shows how patient we really need to be, especially for us who don't study education. But for the rest of you who do study edu, i'm sure if you told Cerise your stories, she'd be shocked :) Which'll be a good thing for me :)

GET FIRED UP FOR MISSION WEEK

Gunners update

Arsenal - Aston Villa 1-1, Mellberg 54' Gilberto 83'
Arsenal - Dinamo Zagreb Kick-off Thursday 5am

10 comments:

Amanda said...

What Tim do you know?

Eh? said...

Ems: Yeah it sucks, so i'll be restricted to one reply a day at max lol...Thanks for letting me know about what's happening with social :)

Manda: He's Tim Chan, so i'm not sure if you'd know him at all...

Seeker said...

Yeah I know how you feel, I've missed out on quite a lot of bdays (especially 21sts!) this year myself and I feel really bad.

I actually loved teaching kids in church when I was doing it, but I know it can be stressful too. At the moment, I'm tutoring a Year One kid in English and he has a very short concentration span. If I don't watch him, he'll run off.

Anyway hope to catch up with you...sometime.

Anonymous said...

Hey, that's okay that you missed my 21st, although it would have been cool if you were there. I'll have to show you the photos some time

Ascasewwen said...

Ooooh, photos, can I see them too, Bella? :o) Yes, even though I was there. lol I like photos... not that you'd ever be able to tell from my photos, because I hardly take any at all ;o)

Anonymous said...

how do you post photos on the net? i haven't worked out how to do that

Eh? said...

I can't remember the program you need to use to upload directly to Blogspot, but another way is to find a good photo album site and just upload it there, and we'll look at the site :)

Which reminds me, I gotta start looking for one as well...

Eh? said...

Just found out (Yes i'm slow), if you guys have a Yahoo! account, then you can get free unlimited storage for as many photos as you want.

They want you to sign in every 6 months though...that shouldn't be a problem when you're taking photos like crazy...

Ascasewwen said...

I never knew that about Yahoo!! Then again I didn't even know I had a Yahoo account until recently...

Eh? said...

Nor did I still I checked it out...so I think we have photo problem solved now :) Don't know how or why they're offering free unlimited storage, but hey i'm not complaining :)

Besides, it just means more incriminating evidence could be posted...