This is me taking a mini-break from the ridiculous amounts of work I need to finish...
I so hate assignments...Yeah they make you do work...but what I hate about these ones is that not just that they're so different, but the fact that I need to finish during a period which, ironically for me, is the busiest time of semester. It's really making me go "grrr" big time...that's not including the various things I have to attend. Some of them sure I didn't need to show up (like Insomnia the other night)...but others I need to show...
Anyways, nothing too much has happened really, just the usual...nothing that major lol...
Thursday was bowling night with small group. As expected from latter convos, only 4 people showed up...and that's including the leaders...so yeah chatting with one another was pretty good, even though we all know each other, we DEFINITELY don't know each other well enough...ok ok Ems and I might be an exception. BTW, ask Ems for photos :)
Must say, Top Ryde is soooooooo dead...and we went on a THURSDAY...i.e late night shopping...and it was still dead...But onto the bowling itself...I won one and Heather won the other game we had. Funny to watch Ems not being able to hold the ball properly and basically dropping the ball onto the lane. It's ok Ems...in time :) Also, that second game I set a new personal record...9 misses from 5 or 6 frames? I went from 1st from the 1st game to last in that final game. Hilarious :)
Oh yeah the kids I have are now officially nerds. At first, it was so great to see them ask some tricky questions, like "Why do we have wars all the time?"...but now it's just ridiculous. For example, the last lesson we had, they asked "Why did Satan become a fallen angel?".
Another more complicated example (Paraphrased): "With our old bodies, could we sin if we were with God?" The fact they're aware of new creation in general is crazy. I mean CRAZY....
Let me clarify, they're like 10. 10 and they're asking this type of questions. That's part of the reason why i've been pushing them a bit...but that's just crazy. That's what you call nerds and/or geeks...
Anyways, must get back to slave labour...
My Gunner's Update
Premier League
Arsenal v Sheffield United 3-0 Gallas 63' Jagielka 69' (Own goal hehehe) Henry 80'
1st victory at Emirates in Premier League :) About time...
We're now 9th with a game in hand...could move to 6th if we win...
Next game: Charlton Athletic v Arsenal Kickoff Midnight 1st October
Champion's League
Next game: Arsenal v FC Porto Kickoff Wednesday at 4:45am
[EDIT] Just had to point out this entry by Katus that's racked up 38 comments when this was posted...[/EDIT]
4 comments:
I remember one of my friends from church saying the same when she did her stint on Sunday school. (we rotate Sunday school teachers every 6wks or something) She was amazed by some of the questions they were asking, and it really challenged her because some of them she had never thought about, some she couldn't even attempt to answer.
Incidentally, my record for comments on a post is 103, but that was something a bit different.
Never underestimate the depth/randomness of questions kids ask!!
Kids haven't yet learned to fear the reaction their questions will get. That comes when they're teenagers and most people never lose it after that.
True...but still...that's ridiculous though...they're 10...
LOL after reading some of the comments from that 103 one...no wonder you had 103 comments...
Meh beating me's nothing on that lane...as I said, they weren't normal lanes...
I still can't believe that they're 10 and they're asking those questions...but yeah i'll get over that and call them nerds :P
Post a Comment