Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Understanding Mondays...

Honestly I haven't done anything that exciting the past week, I've just done my normal routine. Of course that means going to the caf and listening to everyone in hysterics. Of course that also means me laughing my head off as per usual :)

But before I get onto Monday (Which will be short to let the others quote properly), I do need to say a qq though.

Was having lunch with Ben and Alex as per usual, and we start talking about the people they work with and what time they started work and stuff like that. Anyways about when they started work, Alex was saying how he had some durian wafers after work one day:

"I didn't know what I was eating until I went *blows wind out of his mouth* and went *shudders*"

I thought people would know what they put into their mouths. I guess some people just surprise you. But that was just hilarious. Ben and I couldn't stop laughing. Fortunately our food hadn't come out yet so we were still safe lol...

Okies i'll let the others, like Ems, Manda and Katus tell you about what happened on Monday, especially with Ems and Manda blog regarding the hilarious 1-2 break :) I'll say a bit about it, but i'll let them tell you more.

I actually rocked up to uni on my free day, that's something unheard of by most people, but yes i'm special :) As always :) When I rocked up, poor Katus was all by herself since everyone else ditched her. Aiii...But after that little misfortune, I had heard about this 1-2 period where it goes psycho. Now I understand why.

There's just non-stop laughter during that time. Seriously. It's just craaaaazy...especially with Ali "becoming" an angry person whilst camping. Hehehe, it's ok Ali, we know you're EBIL :)

At 3-4 though Jono, Ash, Ems, Manda and I went over to Shalom, which is the nursing home on campus and visited some people for a little while. It was awesome to chat to these people just to give them someone new to talk to and for us to learn what they have. I had a chat to Ron who was a retired pastor who had led churches for over 23 years. That's just crazy. But yeah we gotta go again...

That's a quick recap of Monday. Apart from that, well, I just finished my last assessment before finals :) Woot! So now it's a semi-clear path to finals...well at least now I have less to worry about :) Woot!

My Gunner's Update:

Premier League:
Arsenal v Watford 3-0. Stewart 33' (og), Henry 43' and Adebayor 66'
We're 5th with a game in hand. Could get up to 3rd :)
6 wins on the trot, we're doing really well now. All we need to do is maintain this form :)
Next game: Reading v Arsenal, Kick-off Monday October 23 at 1am.

Champion's League:
Next game: CSKA Moscow v Arsenal - Kickoff Wednesday, October 18th at 2:30am
We can so make it 7 wins on the trot...

11 comments:

Ascasewwen said...

I SO wish I was free in the 1-2 sitting!!

Eh? said...

Well you can always choose to be free...

Ascasewwen said...

Precisely.

Eh? said...

That's never stopped me...

Ascasewwen said...

It depends on the subject. Some subjects I've done I've skipped lectures they didn't record, but this one I don't want to do that with.

Ascasewwen said...

"we are officially here to study"

Really? I wish someone had told me that sooner. That explains these class things that get in the way of socialising.

You might be there to study, darling, but I have better things to do with my time. For me the whole degree thing comes secondary to other things.

(I'm not joking!)

Seeker said...

First you inform me about the presence of emus on your campus and now I find out there is also a nursing home?

Whatever next?

Ascasewwen said...

On occasion the nursing home residents escape and walk into classes at uni though.

Eh? said...

Technically it's on uni land, but yeah it's right next to campus so that's my bad...

rainweb said...

i am in NO WAY "ebil"

Eh? said...

Ali: We know you're EBIL :) It's ok, you'll admit it in time :) Being an innately angry person does constitue being EBIL :P In time :P

Vani: About Shalom in terms of distance, imagine walking from Carslaw/Wentworth to Bosch. It's sorta that distance, hence why I said it's "on campus", but it's not.