Thursday, November 02, 2006

It's starting to hit home...but hasn't sunk in yet...

Whoa an actual serious post for once...or a relatively more serious post for once...

Yeah things have been pretty sweet this past semester, nothing too much to really say about it. There's been some hilarious moments, and others, well, not so hilarious moments. Moments that you enjoy, love and want more of, and others that catch you by surprise and leave you stranded.

It's moments that people cherish forever. Sure there's relics of a past era that people hold on to, but even relics remind people about moments in time. It's these occasions that define someone for who they are, and it's these occasions that tells of a person's past.

Fortunately and unfortunately, it's moments that i'll carry and some of which i've forgotten. I'm so thankful to everyone who I have met and who have made these years bearable, especially the past year. ESPECIALLY the past year, if not the past semester. If there's one thing I regret the most, it's not being involved in CU earlier.

Unlike Vani though, even though I haven't finished classes and haven't had the opportunity to reflect upon what's happened the past few years, I only realise that everything's coming to and end. Nothing more at the moment...

A while ago I read this blog on Tami's site (pardon the language)...and although it's about self-evaluation, it's also about those who have stuck with her through thick and thin, and how hard it is to say goodbye to these people.

On Lisa's blog (You can't get in so there's no point in me linking), she's been through a bit this year as well, and her mind's opened up to see what's 'real' in her life, especially true friendships. This line is like a summary of what she's come to realise:

"Friends really do come and go, but thankyou sooooooooo much to everyone who has stuck by me through thick and thin...when i was at my worst, during my worst....or even we we were at our worst."

Another thing that's changed about her:

"This time i don't need to name you guys........you guys speak for urselves and i know you know what you mean to me cause i've told you how much i cherish the friendship."

From a different post of hers:

"Awww...next semester is going to be sad i guess, there's a lot of people who aren't going to be around anymore and i might never see them again for the rest of my life. Uni life won't ever be the same *sigh* but my memories will last a life time...well AT LEAST i hope so hahha :D!!!"

These are just examples of my point: that it's moments with people that you can't replicate (well you can, but it's not as significant since it's a repeat), you can't buy with money, and those you will cherish forever.

I don't need to spell it out, nor will I spell it out...but there's things more than words can truly comprehend...or a blog for that matter...But it still hasn't sunk in yet. Give it a week or so and it might...

8 comments:

Amanda said...

*virtual hugs*

Eh? said...

Lol...*hugs back*

I'm sure all of you will find someone else to fill the hole i'll leave, it's cool :) Fine i'll learn, so you can get lifts off me lol...

Indeed He is, God bless all of you :)

Ascasewwen said...

Matt, need I reiterate this argument? You are not so easily replaced! New people can fill holes but they can't replace personalities.

Seeker said...

Bus travel back and forth from uni: $3.60

Going off campus for lunch at a Thai place: $6.00

The friends that you make at uni and the memories that you make together: PRICELESS =)

Ascasewwen said...

Amen to the Mastercard thing.

lol Matt and I had a debate about this the other night so now every opportunity I get I've been reminding him of my point- that you can't so easily replace people.

The moral: don't get into an argument or debate with me.

Eh? said...

I'll have to drive soonish anyways...

I'm not fishing for compliments, i'm stating facts: I'm replaceable...

Vee: Stop procrastinating and finish off that essay NOW!!!

Eh? said...

I'm replaceable, i'm not totally replaceable, but I'm mostly replaceable. Eg Mike Abs replacing Timmy. Enough said.

Eh? said...

Both yes, not totally personality wise, but I still am...