Friday, December 22, 2006

Crazy weekend and then some...

Well yah it's been pretty crazy over the past few weeks for me, and then some as well. It's still pretty crazy for the rest of the month for me, but obviously not as insane as some other people, like the NTE and beach mission people, or for example little Nate: NTE, then going away on a South-East Asia trip only a few days after NTE finished, then coming back in time for beach mission. That's pretty crazy as well.

So what's been happening since NTE? Well after Em's gathering, nothing until the weekend where I had two 21sts to attend. The El Rancho one was awesome. There were soooooooo many people it wasn't funny. I think there was about 80-90 all up and about 70 at one time, which is relatively alright. Depends who you talk to. Some say it's pretty big, some say it's an alright size, and others say it's small compared to the one they threw.

But yeah hilarious times with so many hilarious things happening, but also some not so hilarious things happen. Some of these things I found out after the event, but yeah all good stuff being worked out so yeah. Anyways, basically drinking with plenty of people and just the craziness of some people added up to much fun, but also much mischief.

I was ok with drinking until I had a free Flaming Lamborghini. That took me over and I was pretty tipsy then, and so after that time, which was about 10ish till the end of the party I was pretty tipsy. I wasn't drunk because I knew what I was doing and I also stopped when I knew I was there as well.

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYONE WHO TURNED UP!!! But special mentions for stuff that was behind the scenes:

* The setting up crew - Katus, Manda, Ems, Ben, Sarah, Becky,Pete, Phill, Opal and his girlfriend, Cherie and Karen. Thank you so, so much for coming in earlier to help me set up most things and get stuff done :) You guys didn't have to do this but you did :)

* The people who live extremely far away - Katus, Bella, Emily (Not CU Ems) and Mic. It's a trip and a half for you guys to get there and I really appreciate how you guys took the time and effort to get to my thing even though you live sooooooooo far away. Props to those who live down south and west who also made their way as well :) Thanks heaps guys.

* People I haven't seen in aaaaaaaaages - especially AJ and Chrissy, Sunny and Christina, Shehan, and Royston. We all gotta catch up sometime and see what's been happening since the last time I saw you guys.

* Ben W - Getting there from Albury and then getting back to Albury. Thanks so much to his boss who kindly gave him a flight there and back just for my thing. That deserves not just an honourable mention, but a dedication award of some sort. That's ridiculous lol. Thanks so much mate.

* The slideshow people - Pier and Terry, Katus and Hughoce. Thank you so much for putting together those slideshows; for the time you spent just creating it and all that hard work that goes into creating something like that. Sure it doesn't take long, but still, alotta effort's being used and I thank you so much for that :)

* The music choice people - Manda, Katus, Dougie, Ben, Becky, Ems, Jazz, Garreth and Ajo. Hilarious choice of music of which some of the people loved it, and others hated (and of course gave me much pleasure in watching them complain about it). Appreciate it heaps :) There were other people who chose some songs as well, but this is the list of the people I saw choosing.

* Hughoce - For bringing in his laptop to show everything and just taking care of most of the AV stuff for me before and during the night :) Cheers dude for everything that you've done :)

* Opal - Much fun talking about the old school days, especially being in the same roll class for 6 years. Of course the "natural gravitational pull combined between us" fact never fails to impress and create amusement for all :) Thanks heaps for the prep for your speech, and don''t work yourself out this break dude. Take a rest more often lol. Cheers for your words dude, appreciate it heaps :)

* Bosco - That slideshow was HILARIOUS :) Now i'm also more informed about the future and with the setting me up with people: LOL. Even though we didn't get to meet many times in uni, thanks so much for the times that we did get to meet up and the future you told me, applies to you as well dude :) Obviously in a slightly different way, but thanks heaps dude :)

* Dave - Refer to Bosco's about setting me up lol...But the improv speech was niiiiiice :) I've already said what I need to say with you already, and there's not much I need to add to it. Thanks so much for everything dude :)

* Ajo - The car rides, the caf, the random chats we've had in general have been awesome dude :) Appreciate it heaps :) Of course how could we forget about Ignition? It's an experience you'll never forget lol :) I was waiting for you to talk about the MYC hijackings lol, but that would've just been crazy and not many more people would've understood what we meant lol. Thank you so much for your words and how much you've been such an encouraging bro in Christ :)

I think that's all, I don't remember, but if you've helped me out in whatever way that night that I've forgotten about: Thank you so much for your help :)

The day after that, went over to Kev's place for his 21st. Of course this is disregarding the fact that I went to church at 8:30 in the morning after my 21st. Fortunately, it was a quiet thing and not much really happened. Awesome time though just to chill after my thing, but yeah it was really good just to see the boys one more time :)

The CU Christmas Party was the other thing that was a big thing. In between Kev's 21st till the Christmas Party, there were a few things, but nothing that big and can't be bothered posting about it. Anyways, hilarious times as per usual.

For example, seeing Mike Baines climb and get off Yager's roof, Bainesy sitting on Yager's roof with white pants and seeing red marks on his pants later, and also the hilarious comment by Yager when Bainesy finally jumped off the roof: As soon as Bainesy landed on the grass, Yager made this comment: "Oh yeah, there's redbacks in the grass". Seeing Bainesy jumping immediately was hilarious.

I'd post more about it, since there's PLENTY more to post about it, but again, i'll let the pics do the talking.

OH, I can't believe I TOTALLY forgot about this, but you HAVE to see this. Ash and I were chatting away one day and we started to talk about photographic evidence that could be used for our 21sts. I'll just let the convo explain itself:

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

actually most of my pfriends prob have at least one pphoto of me doing something wierd

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

my yr9 school photo was awesome - you know the one with the whole grade standing up?

Wiggum says:

what did u do now??

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

i managed to turn my head towards my right shoulder and stick out my with my eyes closed. It was the best-ever school photo

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

that was the one the whole grade got

[nods]

Wiggum says:

HAHAHAHAHA

o dear

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

i was so happy

lo.

l

Wiggum says:

LOL

quoted

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

lol


Which was followed by (Just look at the last line for the 2nd one):

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

i made the 2 girls in front laugh which was an added bonus. they have the benefit of *natural laughter*

Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

private school

boy

lol i was in SRC that year too


Ash- NTE 07 be there or be square says:

lol

best thing was i was one person away from our year advisor

Pure genius lol. Now this is what you've all been waiting to see:
















Absolute gold :) Thanks Ash!

Again, check out the pics for more details about EL Rancho and the Chrissy Party :)

2 comments:

Ascasewwen said...

Oh for goodness' sake... Bella and I do not live that far away from the rest of you!! We both managed to do the trip twice a day every day we had uni for quite some time, and often in peak hour too. Now Albury is a long way away- THAT commute deserves recognition.

Eh? said...

I know you guys aren't that far, but the thing is some people who lived closer to there said they wanted recognition for the trip there, because it was in the middle of nowhere.

Yeah Ben W definitely deserves that dedication award indeed :) THAT's dedication :)