I know that heaps of things can change over the course of a week. But to experience the changes compared to talking about them is another aspect altogether; and it sure has as well. Seeing things and people in a new light really has opened and clouded my mind at the same time. Quite interesting but at the same time, something needs to be done.
KYLC was something that is seriously invaluable. I wasn't planning to go due to particular circumstances, but God provided some people to convince me that it was worth doubling up (I did the same strand during NTE) and circumstances changed that allowed me to attend. But was well worth it.
Like NTE, it's one of those events where you get your butt kicked, and I needed that so badly. I still need that sort of seriousness even though I'm still struggling, even now as well argh. But yeah awesome talks on Joshua (about who to trust in, why we should trust, and how), and on Titus (about Godliness, self-control and what leaders ought to do).
The fellowship was awesome as well :) Especially the dumb ninja game :) Also just in general with people from various churches, and also getting to know what's happening in churches around where we are is awesome as well :)
Just to point out one hilarious thing: I and two other guys were put into a special men's snoring room (What happened was there was a spare room close-by to where we were and so we decided to use that room especially dedicated to snorers) and for the first two nights, I woke up at 4 in the morning due to the other snoring. Eventually, I got used to it, but yeah getting up at 4 with little sleep just doesn't work. Having 3 cups of tea in the morning sure did work though :)
Apart from that, during our strand group social, there's a ice-cream shop close-by to CMS (Which is that scenic spot where you can pay to get into one of those look-out cars and see the Three Sisters), so a friend and I bought some ice-cream from that place. Thing is, that day was a really hot day, so although I only walked like 100 metres or so, my hand was literally drenched in caramel ice-cream. The grass also suffered the same fate so yeah oh well.
But yeah, check out the pics to see what i'm talking about and other stuff I haven't touched on. There will be movies soon as well :)
[EDIT] Totally forgot to post a qq. This happened whilst this guy was changing in the room:
J: I'm just like a woman...
I can't be bothered explaining what he was on about. I'm sure you can get the picture...[/EDIT]
The day after I came back though, went over to the Katusville social with Ben, Ash, Ems, Manda, Bella, Hannah and obviously Katus. Because of KYLC, I was soooooooooooo gone, more so than usual and for all of the Katusville social, I was was really sheepish. But yah apart from the scorching sun, it was an awesome time :)
I'll let Katus, Ems, and Bella talk about it. Not my fault they blogged earlier, just means I don't need to do as much :) But check out the pics just to see what happened.
Anyways must be going. But check the pics to see what happened for KYLC and Katusville social.
4 comments:
"Having 3 cups of tea in the morning sure did work though :)"
LOL!!!!! You're right, it does do the trick.
It's great to hear you got so much out of KYLC.
And yay for pics of the K'ville social, I must point Hannah in their direction- she will kill you for that picture. (you know the one I mean lol)
I needed something to wake me up...
Hehehe well I'm sure the killing's well worth it :) As it always is hehehe. By the way, Hannah isn't 21 is she?
Hannah's a year younger than me, which means her 21st is after mine, which means she never gets the chance for revenge. MUAHAHAHAHA!
Excellent. I like this idea :) Well there's another pic for her 21st hehehe :) Oh I love it now hehehe :)
Post a Comment