Saturday, January 13, 2007

Just before I leave...

Well what can I say? It's been quite a mixed yet interesting week. People coming back which was awesome :) Especially people from the blogring as well. Makes life...well...normal :) (To others, the correct term's "insane") At the same time, people leaving isn't great :( But yeah highs and lows of the week have been overshadowed by another 2 21sts.

Chris' 21st was quite normal, well for us. What I mean by normal is not the craziness like from CUers, but we're always loud, making stupid comments at *sometimes* inappropriate times. We can be just a group of 3 and still be louder than most others.

But yeah, just went to a restaurant in Rhodes and he shouted us dinner. But the food was awesome, especially some speciality dishes like their duck and stuff like that. Good to see some of the school friends again, especially 2 of them who I haven't seen in ages, one of which I haven't seen since high school so yeah.

The cake was awesome :) Not as rich as mine nor some others I've had, but it was a white chocolate swirl I think. Chris didn't order his cake: his mum did so yeah. It was really nice though :) Apart from that there wasn't that much to say.

Emily's (Not Ems) 21st was slightly different. Went to a Greek restaurant in the city, which isn't that common for 21sts, but yeah. I only stayed for dinner, but yeah was quite interesting with what happened. It was really good, but just not for me. This is because I snobbed everyone. Also because the only 2 people I knew well (including birthday girl) were occupied so yeah didn't really talk to anyone else. So was bored for most of it, but yeah I made do with stuff, like drinking coke and stuff. We were underground as well which meant no reception, so yeah that's why I was drinking coke.

Which leads me on the food. It was shocking. More for the prices of the things there rather than the quality. The quality was alright, but there was just weird food there as well. Also because we ordered a banquet menu thing, which normally means weird stuff comes out, like fried eggplant, a fish roe dip and a roast lamb with sour baked potatoes. Also the prices. It's not the worst pricing I've seen, but it's close. For example: tiny jugs of coke, filling up like maybe 4 glasses costing $12. So say a 1.25L bottle of Coke for $12. It's pretty bad.

The interesting thing was the two guys next to me. They were just chatting away and then they start talking about religion out of nowhere. One of the dudes isn't a Christian and yeah he was saying how Christianity is the biggest franchise on Earth, how Jesus had to have entered brothels or else how would he know Mary (not his mother) and random stuff like that.

The worst thing was even though I was trying to be "neutral" in the way I was going to counter stuff like that, I was shut down. What I mean is I was trying to speak, but then one of the two butts in and I don't get a chance to say anything at all. Sure the restaurant was loud and whatnot, but still, I got shut down. Pretty pitiful grrrrrr....Also didn't help that someone didn't offer to keep me company either...*coughKatuscough*

Of course the 21sts weren't the only things that happened, but the ones blog-worthy, as are all 21sts. At the moment, I haven't been to a 21st that I would call "ordinary" or "wasn't that great" in general, which is really good :) But yeah normally it depends on who's there really and who you know, which is why Emily's was good, but not for me.

Pics will be coming after I come back and after a certain social happens just after I come back. Of course that means I'll need reminding when I'm away from a computer all week...*hint hint*

I'm going away to Katoomba next week so I won't be back for the week, but will (hopefully) be there for an important event happening the day after I come back, which will be blogged about :)

Of course if you really, REALLY can't handle me not being here, there's plenty of archived posts that you can search through (Pardon the language). But beware the flying sheep. The attack of the flying sheep. That's right...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

*Em shakes head*

Some people are just hard to please. I hope you are not expecting me to take you all out to Greek or nice restaurants in Rhodes for my 21st... it's likely to be a BBQ with the whole world piled into the house and garden, I think. He he he. But we can have fun working out a theme...!

:-)

Eh? said...

It's not the place that matters THAT much, it's more the company. Which is why at Emily's it wasn't that great for me *nods*

I'm sure to call it awesome regardless of where it is :)

Anonymous said...

1... 2... 3.... awwww!! :-P Thanks, Matt. He he he.

I'm curious... why do I appear as 'emily' on here and tom's blog and 'em' everywhere else? Most odd. Ah well. Lol.

Hope the poker night went well!

Eh? said...

It's because of the company, but I'm sure something else will make it quite memorable, maybe lol...

I know it has something to do with the fact that both Tom and I switched to the "newer" Blogspot, but it doesn't explain Katus, Bella and othes.

Thing is if you click on your "emily" link here, your profile doesn't exist. But go onto Katus' blog, and it does, under "em". So meh...

Remember to bring something to chuch for me today *nods*

Poker night was awesome :) Not much to report so yah :) You'll see a clip later on when my massive photo uploading day comes :)

Ascasewwen said...

I haven't switched to beta, which I assume is you you're still em on mine. But I find my identity on the beta blogs switches- sometimes it's the proper ascasewwen with the photo and profile, other times the photo doesn't come up and if you click on the name it's a blank profile. Silly beta.

Eh? said...

Now it's no longer in beta. Hence the "newer" Blogspot and "older" Blogspot.

One problem I've found already with their new interface is that I can't seem to find anywhere where you can go back to the HTML coding for layout, etc.

It's all their new drag/drop stuff on it, which is good, but not so if you want to keep your older stuff.

Kinda suchs if you want to change layout and the like.

Ascasewwen said...

No no, let him attack you if he wants to.

*thinks to self: better Em than me*

Ascasewwen said...

Camden? Ha, if you're aiming for there I'm safe.

Eh? said...

...Which you didn't :P

Ascasewwen said...

*resists temptation to turn this into a chance to bag out Camden*

Eh? said...

Oh you know you so want to :) Just let it out...