I couldn't think of a better title apart from "Returning to the old ways..." but that's been used so meh. But you get the point: I don't get a break...ever. Well at least for the past few weeks and it'll continue till the end of the month. Meh. This shouldn't surprise you anyways.
After having 2 21sts the weekend before (Loz and Wendy's), Sam's was on the weekend after. It was alright, saw a few people I haven't seen in a while so that was nice :) Most of the people there were either church, uni or high school friends. For the CU people, saw Ben W there. Although I didn't talk that long with him, well, like a 2 minute chat to him, t'was good to see him again.
Charles (the guy who did the speech) was great :) Nice to talk about his antics at school, but great to see him be encouraging to Sam and be encouraged by him so that was awesome to see :)
I was able to catch up with Phill (For those who remember some random guy helping out in the beginning at the El Rancho event), so that was alright, considering I barely talk to him these days, which really sucks but oh well. Was also able to see the other congregation people again for a bit so it was alright to see people stressing hehehe :)
For those who don't know, we have 2 English services at 2 different locations, which means that it's quite rare to see people from the other location because they're over somewhere and we're still where we are. So good to at least see some people again :)
Surprisingly, that was the only event the weekend before last. Quite a feat huh? Well I only had one event. Quite impressive. Still, means I save money and time :) But yes I knew that there was something else bigger that was coming up and was trying to save for that.
What I mean was the weekend before last. Having 3 events in one weekend is borderline alright. It's more if I was a party animal or popular, which I'm neither, then there'd be heaps more events for me to turn up to. Anyways, that weekend's festivities were very, very tiring, but well worth it.
It started off with the Teahouse Housewarming. It's the first time in a while to see some of the uni people and it was great to see them again. Good to know that things haven't (and probably will never) change. Although I have quite a bit (and most of the changes aren't immediately noticeable), it's good to know that some people still are the same old.
But seriously, I already feel left out of the loop even though I haven't been around them for a few months. Well I expected that anyways since that's what happens when you're in my situation. But yeah really awesome to see old faces and see what's happening with the uni stuff. Surprise, surprise nothing's changed.
The random hilarity was quite amusing, and the trampoline's springs finally had a decent workout with Dougie doing his famous jumping/flipping/crazy stuff. Indeedly it also proves that when people from all your groups come together, you get put in a bad position. I learnt that from my 21st.
It's quite funny when you hear about things after your own party. I heard that quite a few people were trying to hit on a friend of mine when her boyfriend was right there. I heard of a few more stories as well, some of which I'm not supposed to know as well. But you get the point - you get put into a bad position from knowing people.
In this case, I finally met Patchy in person. For those who don't know, Patchy is the guy that's going to create Em's slideshow for her 21st. Apparently there's over 100 pics already. I haven't added my stuff yet as well. There's also a few more months before her 21st as well. Quite hilarious from my point of view. Which reminds me, Manda's 21st is next month...hmm...
Steve was also quite hilarious, and also the only representative from Katus' group down south. Quite amusing that girl; and Katus' 21st is in June...hehehe see what I mean by putting people in bad positions? Quite hilarious.
Dave, Emily and Sarah also rocked up from Manda's side of friends. Now I can officially say that there's a contagious disease that runs through that family - craziness. Oh yeah I heard of the stories about Manda's little sis being pretty crazy, and seeing it 1st hand only confirmed what I and everyone already knew - they have a contagious disease. A very lovable disease though :P
After being around that craziness, had to rock over to Cherie's 21st. It was a quieter affair, nothing too fancy just a dinner with some closer friends and her immediate and extended family. Awesome to see some people from church again as well.
As mentioned before, our church has 2 English congregations in different locations so we at the main building don't see the others very often...or in my case at all. So it was great seeing some of them again, but this time different people from Sam's 21st.
Food was pretty normal. Nothing too special for a banquet menu that the restaurant doesn't let you customise to. So I don't blame Cherie nor her family who paid for all of us about the food. That restaurant just sucked for a banquet menu that's all. Then again, free food. Meh. Not going to complain about free food.
Did see Ren there for you CUers who're reading this. Although didn't get to chat with her for that long, it was definitely great to see Ren and to chat to her again. Good times :)
After leaving early, headed off to Yang and Louise's 21st at Crystal Bar in Martin Place. Some of the school boys there I haven't seen since school and was definitely great to see them again and although didn't get enough of a chance to catch up with them, was good to see them again :)
Apart from the school boys, it was good to see some other people like Wacko and Jenny (The Com/law one) again. But especially great to see some of the boys who I was closer to and who I haven't seen in years, like Matt Lam and Fai. It was really great to see them alive and kicking, especially Matt, since he's come back from Edinburgh recently.
Hilarious speeches, or more like the short clips we had to watch. The amount of time put into both of them must've been really crazy and definitely something over the top as well. Great to see how both of them have changed yet are still together after all this time. The really freaky thing is both of them have the exact same birthday. I'm not sure about the time of birth, but both of them have the same birthday. That's just weird...
Didn't stay for too long since I had a long day that day and church the next morning, but like mine, quite a bit happened (as I found out today, a friend of mine's now dating someone because of that event. Funny how things just happen...) and I'm sure there's alot more that I don't know about as well. But an awesome event :)
Then last week was the Murder Mystery Party at the Teahouse. After reading Katus' and Em's blog, and the amount of stuff I've written already, I'm not going to say much more about it. If you want more info about how awesome it was, you have to visit either Katus' or Em's blog.
Good stuff getting down here...especially for the second time if you've read the previous post word for word. Don't worry, until the end of the month, there's news...
P.S. The backlog of pics is being churned through. They'll be up soonish. Especially the Murder Mystery ones...and if I can find any good clips to upload to YouTube as well...
[EDIT] I think something like 7 albums are up now. Finally able to churn though the backlog and finally all of them are up :) I haven't been bothered to put clips up yet, but it might happen...
I expect heaps of stuff from Ignition for those who're going there...[/EDIT]
15 comments:
Hooray for blogging and long entries that are excellent procrastination. The sad thing is I'm not procrastinating over uni work, I'm procrastinating because I can't be bothered finding myself something for lunch.
So you're going to starve? Katus...
I ate! And Manda can verify that because she sat and waved a carrot at me as I did so.
Fine fine...I'll let that go this time...
Tell me a random fact so I'm not bored...
Hurrah!! Matt blogged!!
Yes, that housewarming was awkward, with so many people to talk to. Iam devising alternate plans for my 21st! Although it really does worry me that you and Patchy are collecting photos already. Sigh.
Hurrah for murder mystery photos!! :-)
Think about it this way Ems, I haven't given him any photos yet...he's done all the collating :)
I need to upload about 6 albums, but some of them are tiny so it should be ok...
Woohoo, shall have to go check the photos!
Another album coming soon. Again, when I'm bothered to do stuff.
But things are slowing down so I'll be able to post soon and it'll be up to date...
I looked for photos on your photo site but the latest ones were from your birthday - have you put the new albums on a different site? Or perhaps I am just blind, lol.
According to the last time I opened it, the Murder Mystery photos should be the 1st ones loading.
So I'm not sure what's happening...Try it again...
Have done, and they work. Look great!! Thank you! Who is the person reflected in the window of the china cabinet in the housewarming ones? Kate and I were not sure, and at the moment my copy is saved as 'random reflected in window'. Lol.
BTW, I have no idea of my password, so let's hope this works!
yay, it worked! So why doesn't it let me comment even as 'em' on Kate's... wierd. lol. Ah well.
I didn't take those photos, but I have a vague idea who it could be.
At first I thought it was Bella for some strange reason, then I looked at it closely, and I think I know...
Of course I'm not saying and I'll let you guys figure it out though :P
When you're commenting using a non-blogger name, there shouldn't be a password so all good :)
Peter? It looks vaguely like his shirt, anyway. lol.
Yeah that's what I thought. It was his shirt if I'm not mistaken, but meh I could be wrong.
There's your mysterious person from the cabinet :)
Post a Comment