Monday, February 26, 2007

The disease...

I've been told about this before. To experience this is another thing altogether. It's either you're that desperate/bored/obsessed enough to blog quite frequently or you're that busy/unmotivated/apathetic to even touch it. I'm the latter as you would've noticed by now lol. If not...well...meh. But yeah expect some longer posts from now on. I think they'll be longer anyways...

Somehow I'm still able to keep up a social life amidst of all the happenings, which is quite impressive if you know me, and yeah it's been pretty tiring, but meh oh well things are working out quite nicely I guess. But hey, I was never popular in the first place so I guess then the lack of social life that I have is quite "normal". That's despite what anyone else tells me. That's right you heard me...

So to expel my boredom we had a surprise 21st for Bong. Na what happened was his 21st was a few weeks or so ago, but yeah he decided not to do anything at all, so a few of us thought it'd be great if we did something for him. Although he knew nothing about it and it was awesome, the "surprise" itself was meh. Mistake on my part but yeah still good :)

Went over to Ichiban-Boshi for food and that was alright. Haven't been there in years, but yeah decent jap food if you ever want jap food. Problem is the waiting time for seats and stuff like that. For a 2 seater table, you'd expect to wait around about 15 minutes as a minimum, probably about double that as an average. We had 6 of us. All in all, waited for around 45 minutes just for seating, then waited more for food and stuff like that.

But yeah good times anyways to catch up with some of the boys and yah nothing much interesting happened after that. Wait up...yes there was lol. At the end of the night, we decided to go karaoke just to finish off the night. I should mention, there's one guy, Yowie, refuses to go k. Anyways, after some persuasion, he went :)

That's not the hilarious bit. The peer pressure bit was when he actually sung. I'm pretty sure it's the 1st time we've ever, and I literally mean ever heard him sing at k. The hilarious bit is it's caught on camera :) He's 21 as you should already know, but yeah still good to have a copy of that just to remind him about these times.

He was complaining about how he sings the same songs over and over again when he rarely does go and sing. Nothing special in that, but the fact we've never ever heard him sing in k is something lol. Anyways the pics should tell more of the story.

Dave Luo's 21st was awesome as well :) The night after Bong's but yeah heaps of people there, including people from my NTE strand group as well. Small world. But then again when you know someone like Dave Luo, well, it's bound to happen. I didn't know how many people he really knew lol, but yeah from the party, it definitely showed how popular that guy is.

His friends were mostly from uni (New South, not club Mac), high school friends, and beach mission people. There were supposed to be about 60ish people, but quite a few pulled out. Still, having about 40 there's still something..

Just some things he did as well, or well was forced to do, was quite hilarious. A few friends of his bought him this really, really tight singlet with "Dave Luo" and some other random things written on it. It was quite wrong but at the same time hilarious. Ah the things that happen.

That's not to mention his other things that's happened with him. Especially in high school hehehe. Him playing ball and getting 100 shots in is understandable, but recording your own (and other victims) singing of love songs is another thing altogether. It takes things to a different dimension rather than another level. Definitely rivals Robbo's bench relocation.

But apart from all that, did manage to see Jarryd and Dougie there as well. Awesome to catch up with them, especially Dougie and just to see how things are going with him as well. Great times hehehe and definitely something we need to do more often, regardless of how busy we are or the circumstances we're in. Especially the circumstances we're in.

Lift with Dougie was also great :) Had another chat and yeah it was interesting to hear about the tiny TV at Em's place. Oh dear. I'm sure Dougie or both of us will visit to laugh at that TV lol, among other things. Probably Dougie alot more than me (visiting), since he has more time than I do, and closer for him than it is for me (if he's at uni). But good times anyways at Dave's.

Loz' (Lauren's) 21st was a really awesome event. It's quite impressive to see how many people it could fit in. The front of her house is really deceiving and you couldn't tell how big the backyard was. But yeah really good to see Loz and quite a few other CUers. Including Mo and Gracie. Seen Mo a few too many times for my liking (only joking :P), but haven't seen Gracie in a while, especially since she hasn't been feeling well either, which kinda sucks but yeah good to see her again :)

Of course I couldn't go without mentioning the boys and just how encouraging it is to see them all again, so yeah great times. Especially Abecina and that pink shirt of his. Picture this: Light rain, huge umbrella, Abecina standing just inside huge umbrella, Ajo pulling down on one side of the umbrella, Abecina's back getting wet. Sounds all normal yeah? Now think of it this way: Abecina wearing pink shirt and getting *somehow* the back of the right shoulder wet and it's a see-though shirt when wet. It just looked so stoopid lol. Hehehe good times :)

Loz was telling us later on that the china used at her 21st (this is towards the end of it) belongs to her nana, and it's been in the family for like 50 years or something like that. She was saying how she didn't want to use it, especially if it broke. So it'd be like "Well we had china that's been in the family for over half a century...and they broke during Loz' 21st..." That was something she didn't want, but her nana insisted. Quite good :)

Surprisingly enough, only very few photos were taken of that day. Quite shocking if you know me. But yeah there were enough cameras around as it is and I'm just lazy lol...

Of course it wouldn't be me without something else happening, even though it's not my fault. Loz' 21st was in the arvo so I had to double up and go to Wendy's 21st in the night. That was alright as well. Again like many 21sts, you meet new people and you see old faces. So it was good to see most people who were expected to show up.

Although there were some notable absentees from that event, it was pretty good. Went over to Matsuya's (Jap restaurant) and had heaps of food. Seriously. Wendy kept ordering and ordering. She didn't stop seriously. We had a few things here and there, then about a minute later you'd see Wendy talking to the waiter for more food.

About 20 minutes after that, she'd be talking to them again. It seriously never stopped. I was full and she kept on ordering for everyone else. Even when they said they were good. Crazy.

You know how in some stereotypical jap films you'll see jap waiters serve and if they do something "wrong", they'd keep saying "I'm sorry, I'm sorry" in that distinctive jap accent? Exactly the same thing happened here. Hilarious :) Especially when it was forced out as well hehehe. Some of the guys there almost choked when that guy said it for the 1st time. Hehehe.

Another thing that I saw - has anyone heard of a "sub-manager?" This guy who kept saying "I'm sorry", had "sub-manager" on his name tag. What is a sub-manager seriously? Obviously taking a picture of that would've been weird so yeah none were taken. But still, has anyone heard of a sub-manager before?

After food, went over to industrie for some drinks and that was alright. Nothing special happened really, but yeah all in all, pretty good :)

I tried to meet up with Loz since she said she was going to be in the city, but she didn't pick up her phone so that kinda sucked. But in the end I was pretty tired after a long day so it was probably wisest to go home.

It will probably shock what's left of this readership to know that I haven't taken many pics for any event noted above. Something that's not me. Then again when there's about 10 other cameras around you, there's not that much of a need. At the same time, it's more personal if it was taken my me. Anyways, the lack of photos will be up soonish...whenever that is.

Of course it doesn't end there, as more things are planned, making my weeks quite hectic. I don't think it ends till about mid-April, but I could be wrong and it could technically go till July, where I know there's definitely a break.

That's just weekend happenings lol. Today's been quite eventful, for the wrong reasons. Things were ok until I was going home. I came out and then I saw my bus, so I went up to it and IT SHUT THE DOOR ON ME. GRRRR...then the driver TRIED TO LEAVE WITHOUT ME. If it wasn't for traffic, I would've missed that bus. Anyways he reluctantly let me on.

Due to the rain, the driver was braking harder than normal. But at quite a few times, he braked harder because he was stupid. He should've braked earlier, but nooooooooo decided to brake late and was just an incompetent driver. I was standing on the bus facing the left side standing next to the compartment areas.

What happened was when he came up to the stop before mine, he turned left to stop. But he didn't brake enough so he almost overshot the stop. He had to brake harder for the bus to stop. When he was braking, I lost grip and moved my left foot to compensate for the braking. When I moved my foot, I smacked it against the side of the compartment thing and stubbed my toe. Wasn't in a happy mood getting off the bus.

It didn't stop there. I have one of those wooden gates so when it's hot or rainy, the wood expands and makes it harder to shut the gate. Anyways when I was shutting the gate, I couldn't close it because of the expansion of the wood. So I moved my hand onto the lock itself and push in whilst trying to close the gate to compensate for the expansion.

When it was closing, I still had my hand on the lock, and closed about 1/5 of the way with my pinky bearing the brunt of the damage. What happened was when it closed that much of the way, I realised and took my hand out of the way. In the process, I ripped the skin off my pinky. So now I have a line down the middle of my pinky.

It's not as bad as Em's little razor incident, but still annoying. So now I have a semi-stubbed toe (it's getting better now), slightly calmed down attitude (until you mention that driver, then I get really angry again) and a line down the middle of my pinky. Not a happy day. Or at least not a happy end to the day.

For once I don't blame Ems. Quite good. But that driver seriously. GRRRRRR...Don't like that diver anymore. But yes a chain-reaction type of day. Not happy...

Anyways, hope all is well with school, uni (especially for you new 1st years. It's not that scary lol. Just ask questions :D) and/or work and hopefully will post more often. Good job getting down here as well :)

3 comments:

Amanda said...

Heya Matt! Long time no talk, or see or anything much!

Sadness :(

I think you may have left out some detail on your post... lol... I felt like I was there (apart from the fact I don't know half the people you were talking about... meh, minor details)

Hoping muchly to see you soon!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Matt

It's good to read that life still goes on for you after uni, and that God is still definitely with you...and great that you're still managing to have a fun social life :)

Eh? said...

Manda: It's alright, you know I'm alive and kicking somewhat...

There's detail? What's detail?

Bella: Well like what I said to Manda, I'm still alive and kicking...How's everything else with you?