I thought there were quite a few people still reading this blog and so yes although the infrequent posting did annoy quite a few people, it made them email me more hehehe. But now because of me emailing quite a few people now, I've lost most of my readership.
I checked out my page view stats just now and I was shocked to see that there's only been 8 page views this week...and 5 of them were from me because I refresh my page a few times before the new post gets posted lol...sure I haven't posted that recently but still having next to no page views made me go "Hmmmmm"...
So the original purpose of this blog has disappeared and I don't feel there's really much point in keeping this alive anymore, exactly like Katus' decision. Except from the point that she puts in alot of effort into her posts - I just blab from what comes to my head hehehe...
Except unlike Katus, I know that there's always a chance that I stop emailing people and start blogging once more because I'm too busy to reply to everyone individually lol...hey it's not my fault that I have many things on my plate lol. So I'll be keeping this up, but I won't be posting here at least for now and I don't know if or when I'll be coming back...
I've also ripped out everything that is useless or dead now on the sides so there's very few things left to visit...and most of the links I did have up were pretty much dead anyways...
So to all who read this - this is my fond farewell at least for now...
7 comments:
I started a trend! Bec was right, it really is the end of an era. What shall we blame? Busyness? No, there's a more fun culprit and I know you share my thoughts on it... FACEBOOK!
But at least we've actually admitted we're abandoning our blogs. Perhaps we're the ones going out with a bang, and it was the others who went out with a whimper.
Hahaha well it happened by chance when I had a look at my stats and went "Hmmmm...is it worth it anymore?" So yes I'll give it to you; you did start the trend lol.
Hehehe Bec's right indeed it has been the end of an era but it was bound to happen. Stupid Facebook. Seriously I really do think that Facebook did make all this die because you can do so much more on that thing and we're one of the few people who refused to join that craze.
Well I think it's more like we're the ones who decided to actually post that we're leaving rather than most other people who just left without saying anything. So we're the ones who decided to officially post and make sure everything comes to a close rather than the rest of them.
But yeah we blame Facebook for everyone else who left with a whimper :P
It's sad that Facebook killed the blogs though, because blogs and Facebook are actually two totally different things.
Facebook is social networking with a whole bunch of random stuff. Essentially, it's a voyeuristic popularity contest that saves people the bother of actually saying anything worthwhile.
Blogs are a way of sharing ideas, and you can have fun with them too, as we all used to. And the thing I like about blogs as a form of new media is that readers can comment, so it's a two-way form of communication.
Eh. *gets off her high horse, which I think was so high because it was standing on her soap box*
Hey Matt how are you?
Katus: In essence Facebook and blogs are different but Facebook made it an extension of blogs :( Stupid marketing...
I mean of course I totally agree with you about being a new popularity contest with the added feature of everyone being on it so you can find people again. Again stupid marketing.
Oh well I think give it a few years before it starts to completely fade away. As much as you can do on the thing, there comes a point where it'll just die.
Andrew: I'm good. Sorry, which Andrew are you?
"NOT WORTH IT ANYMORE"??????
since WHEN was it about how many 'hits' one received??? (how do you find out about that by the way?)
Blogging is the hyperspace PENSIEVE, alright???
gah, now i have to blog to prove you wrong.
and kate, blogger won't let me see your page, apparently i'm not 'invited' humph. I ALREADY FEEL ISOLATED FROM NOT BEING AT MYC!!!
sigh. it is NOT dead!
i was blogging years before people read it!!look at my archives!!
lol, i have a high-horse too!
- go to my blog. i'm not finished with you people yet!
nana :D
Lol I'll explain in a post hehehe :P
Post a Comment