Well probably in the shortest time I've ever "abandoned" a blog and of course some coaxing from a certain someone who commented about how blogging isn't dead (thanks mum hehehe), I've decided to reverse what I said a few months ago and actually write something here once more lol.
Ok this is time to clear the air. The main reason why I started this blog was because of the friends that didn't have constant contact with me still wanted to know what was going on with me and so rather than emailing them one at a time (yes the lazy option), I decided to start the blog so that they could keep in contact with me and at least know about what I'm doing.
Why did I rely on the hit counters and why did I use them to "justify" why I stopped this blog? The main point of it was because if people are reading this, then alright I'll blog and keep it as consistent as I'm able to. Of late, as I mentioned in my previous post, I noticed that many of those friends had started to email instead of reading the blogs because they thought I'd keep something from the blogs and so really wanted to know what was going on. Because of this, I lost many people from my readership and I was thinking "Well if everyone's emailing now then there's not much point in keeping it so I might as well stop".
That's what I decided back in May because it was just so long between my posts. I was emailing more than blogging and I was pretty bad at emailing too. I still haven't caught up with all the stuff that I have in my inbox. But that's what I was thinking back then.
Since then (well actually pretty recently actually), there's been some stuff that has happened that's given me a shock to my system and now I'm just thinking "What am I doing?" This is happening for everything that I'm doing and for everyone I know. I mean everyone is busy but there just comes a time that you just have to make time and take care of the important things in life. I forgot about what was really important in my life and I decided to take up other stuff.
That's going to change starting now. Mummy, you're right hehehe it really isn't about how many people reads it. It's about who does and I'm thankful that you still are hehehe and because now that I know that, this is coming back :) Albeit infrequent posts but I'm going to try and make a commitment to blog hehehe.
I gotta make time for what I consider important to my life. I gotta make that change and make it now because we're not here for long. I forgot that. I truly thank the Lord for reminding me that and now I have to consider what He considers important and make sure that the things that are important to Him are the top of my list. But I have to do that now.
Why the sudden change? Well I'm in the middle of a hectic time of the year and on top of that I'm studying one of the toughest subjects ever and it's made me really complacent, tired and very much discontent with my life. Whilst in the middle of all of this, a friend of mine was diagnosed with cancer. It really shook me and affected my work through that entire week. It was only the weekend, when I was able to speak to this friend, that I've a clearer picture of everything and just to let that really sink in.
It really started something that's been overdue for a long time. I won't go into them here but there's some things that I need to let go and some things that I used to do that I have to start again. This is one of them and I guess in a cruel way, this was a wake-up call for me.
Anyways this is my homecoming and I'm glad to be back entertaining all of you with the stupid stuff I do :)
3 comments:
Welcome back. :o) I basically said this yesterday, but I'm sorry it took such a hard blow to make you think about what's important, but I'm also so glad you did. Sometimes God has to use extreme measures to get us to listen to him- this I know from experience.
Yah I think it's kind of sad that it does take something huge to make you go "Ok what am I doing?" but as you said it's so awesome that it has happened. Now we just need to find stupid stuff that's happened so we can laugh and laugh hehehe :)
heheheh...everyone listens to their mummy...
Post a Comment