Saturday, September 06, 2008

Conditions?

I don't know if it's just the people I'm around normally but you'd think that at this time of the year things would start looking better and people would get better. Not more people getting sick. I don't get it really. Even I've contracted a cough so that really sucks and I don't get it to be honest. Well ok I'm actually sick now and it all started with one cough. Great huh?

But I don't get it. The weather changes at one moment from perfectly fine to raining and chilly. Not the normal chilly that we're used to and the ones we get but an extra chilly dry spell on top of the whole raining thing. Very much crappy.

So yeah very much sick at the moment on the weekend and yeah not feeling great at all :( Oh well. Anyways things are starting to quieten up a little bit...well at least this week then I know it'll get busier and busier, but hey as I said in my last post things are going to change. One of those things is actually getting out for once after...gosh I don't even remember the last time I went out even just for dinner or something...it's been a long time and we'll just leave it at that.

I had a reunion not too long back and boy going there just shows how much things have changed and how much things haven't changed hehehe. There were just so many faces I hadn't seen in such a long time and some of which it was fantastic to see once more and actually be able to contact them again. So about 50 (there were about 180 odd in our grade so the turnout wasn't the best but still a decent turnout considering how many times the plan changed) of us hit a bar and basically drank and talked about stuff and what's happened since school finished. Boy some things have changed so much. The older you get the more you hear about life has moved so much for some people.

But the worst thing was that although this date was locked up months in advance there was even a party for another person in our grade who decided they didn't want to meet up with the rest of us. Granted it's a birthday party but still it's not everyday a reunion comes around. So they decided to hold it at the same date and time as the reunion so a few people from our grade didn't show up for that and others just weren't bothered which is sad but for the people I did see and meet up with, it was fantastic :) We even have a few aeronautical engineers in our midst which was pretty cool when you can ask them "So can you design, build and pay for my own private jet?"

So the next night I went over to Sarah's 21st and did I see some people I hadn't seen in a long time. I only get to see CUers at some event so it was a perk for showing up for Sarah's 21st. I guess for me it's just really sad that it's only events that I show up to in order to see people. That will change I can guarantee you. Right now things might be a little busy for everyone but don't worry I want to see people that I cherish whenever I can.

Sarah had a fantastic little dance thing going with Brett and yeah they showed what sort of moves they can pull hehehe. Of course no 21st would not be complete with some hilarious moments especially captured as pictures and they were pretty priceless. I really like the one (this picture was taken ages ago when certain said things were cool lol...bear with me here) where she had this very retro hair thing where part of her hair was covering her right eye and she was wearing leg warmers. Ah the 80's and 90's hehehe.

I guess both these events reminded me how much I miss those I cherish and how much things have changed for everyone. How things has changed is fine that just happens but to be in contact with them only during events? That will change. It might take a little bit of time but that will change.

Stay tuned for more incredibly boring adventures where I actually get my act together and actually start seeing people again lol...

21 comments:

Ascasewwen said...

Ah, so you also have fallen to the dreaded lurgy. Don't worry, you have half of Sydney to keep you company in your coughing. Thus far I have somehow avoided it, which is something of a miracle as everyone else in both my households has had it (including the Hoare brother creature that appears on weekends), as well as many other friends I come into contact with. I hope to continue uncoughed.

Eh? said...

YAY you found it hehehe :) Yay first comment on updated site hehehe :) Go Katus!

Oh yeah I don't know what on earth happened but about 1/3 of the city got it and transferred it to another 1/3 or something like that...I swear something like 1/2 to 2/3 of the people I see regularly has a cough. Not being sick or anything but that's a fair bit.

That creature comes back on the weekends? He comes back every weekend? Or just a few? That must be quite a challenge on the weekends with all of them in the same house...interesting times lol hehehe.

YAY go Katus! Go the uncoughed streak! Hehehe it's hard to do it in the city where's there's just too many people. You're bound to bump into someone you know who had it. I rocked up sick yesterday so that was pretty bad so I took today off but yeah although I'm slightly better I'm not entirely well :( But GO KATUS!!! WOOT!!! Hehehe.

Oh btw what do you think of this song?

See I'm trying to comment and blog more hehehe :)

Eh? said...

Oh yeah before opening the song expand the comment window :)

Ascasewwen said...

Yes, the creature comes every weekend. In regards to space, we're used to having extra people here, sometimes it's more of a strange thing if there are only the five of us here. In regards to having the three of them in the house, interesting times covers it nicely. lol

However he makes tea at exactly the same time that I'm usually thinking 'hmm, tea would be good', and he'll always coming knocking at everyone's doors (or curtains) to see if we also want tea, so I'm not complaining.

The song... I don't really think anything of it. It's left no lasting impression but it wasn't so heinous that I remembered it as the worst song I've ever heard.

Yay for blogging and commenting. (I sound like Em back in the day lol)

Eh? said...

Wow I thought the 5 of you would be enough...I guess it's true you do get sick of each other hehehe :P Plus the more the merrier hehehe :) On top of that I guess there's always new and exciting stuff that other people bring around hehehe.

Ohhhh slave labor huh? I mean the nice way to put it would be he knows you all too well but, well, slave labor sounds better hehehehehe :)

Yeah the song kinda...well I wouldn't say it has no meaning to me, it's kinda complicated and it's too long to type out as always. Yeah at first listen I didn't think anything much of it...then it started to grow on me so I don't think it's that bad...but I do need to tell you the story behind it when I get the chance to call you about it.

I gotta find more songs and make you listen to them hehehe :) I promise they won't be anything that bad lol...Ok I'll try and make sure they're not that bad hehehe.

Ohhhhh how is free time for you these days? Doing much?

Yay hehehe yeah I'm trying to make a comeback lol and LOL Em back in the day lol...she's lost those rights since she "FB's" now lol *sigh*...all those people...*sigh*...

Ascasewwen said...

Shhh, we don't call it slave labour. He's under the delusion that it's all his idea to bring us tea.

Oh glory be, not another person making me listen to songs and trying to convert me. One day I'm going to have my revenge by gathering all you songsters up, locking you in a room and playing music from the 40s nonstop. If everyone wants to share their music with me, why shouldn't I share mine with them?

Ha, my life consists almost entirely of free time, more's the pity. I have uni only on Fridays because I'm only doing one subject.

Eh? said...

Hahaha lol so THIS is how you're going to control the world huh? "Forcing" people to bring you stuff? Sigh Katus...

Hahaha lol it means something else and remind me that I need explain that to you lol and hey I never said I wouldn't listen to stuff from the 40's. I have you know I have an eclectic taste...it just depends on whether the stuff you like is the classic 30's/40's/50's stuff or not...

Whilst we're still on the music theme, I have another one for you right here. What do you think of this one?

Lol yeah but do you go into uni on, say, Wednesday or Thursdays even though you don't need to? Or is it just Friday and the rest of the time is free time?

Ascasewwen said...

Well you'd be disappointed if I took over the world by any of the usual means. One has to take people by surprise.

I like many things from the 40s, less so if it's propaganda, although that stuff is amusing even if it is annoying.

I don't mind that one, it's not bad.

I don't go to uni on any day except Fridays.

Eh? said...

It's true I would've complained if you used normal ways. But still would this really be a "surprise"?

Hehehe just like the typical war posters hehehe. Made even more hilarious in the 70's but yeah they're annoying as lol. But in terms of music you're talking about us listening to the classics right? That I could handle hehehe...or more to the point - actually like to listen to hehehe :)

YAY!!! Sweet I'm glad hehehe. The first one wasn't one I referred in the first place - a friend of mine did and it's ok but not fantastic. The 2nd one is one I like hehehe. The longer version's either more annoying (if you can't handle much of it) or brilliant but repetitive...

Lol so with the rest of your spare time you...

Ascasewwen said...

You think my plans are limited to the aforementioned method? The real surprise lies in the parts I'm not telling you about. (It'll be a surprise for me too, because I never plan that far ahead. lol)

WWII posters from the 70s? Have you been relying on Wikipedia to learn about the war? :-P And no, the posters are great. Looking at propaganda is fine, but having it stuck in your head isn't so fun. lol

And it depends what you mean by the classics? Some of the music was more 'public education' than propagandist (think the "be alert, not alarmed" campaign here a few years ago), some of it made light of the things people were going through, as a way to keep morale up- that stuff is the most fun. But there is also a lot of music from the 40s and before that is nothing to do with the war, it's just old popular stuff from then and it's cool. Times may have changed but people haven't- they sang about the same stuff then that people do now. We tend to look at history through either rose-coloured glasses- romanticising everything- or patronising glasses- wondering how those ultra-conservative, poor, uncivilised, ignorant, unwashed masses coped. Pick any point in history and those people are exactly the same as we are now. They lived according to their social conventions, technology, and living standards of the day. They didn't sit around going 'Oh I can't wait for scientific discoveries. Oh I'm looking forward to modern plumbing.' They accepted things as they were because that was their life. Which is exactly what we do now. And in x number of years time people will look at us exactly the same way as we look at people of eras past.

I don't know how I pass the spare time. I'm bored out of my brain and my sanity, which is patchy at best, is slowly disappearing. I hate it. I'm bored with the things I usually enjoy, my computer died and took with it my music collection, goodness knows when they'll have it fixed and if the files on my comp can be saved. DVDs etc can only be watched so many times before they become painfully boring, and at the moment when I try and make stuff everything I touch ends in disaster. Last night I had to unravel half the sock I was knitting- that's a week's worth of knitting.

Ugh. Bad day, sorry.

rainweb said...

ah....you understand! both of you! this whole 'busy having a life' thing sucks!i miss uni ppl ,uni on fridays is soooo terrible (tho was wikid[say it how it's spelt] to see kate last week) and not having time to go out coz - of course! - i have to work on something else, something else, something else.
GAH!
it's not fun being at uni, yet without uni ppl.
i should mention my ray of sunshine bella, who is keeping me sane with the mighty warrior. eg. "Lecture notes are no place for a mighty warrior"

yeah, if bella wasn't there i'd be having real problems.

rainweb said...

oi!heard you quit?! apparently you sms'd ppl telling them! but not your mother???!!!
gah!
*storms off*
-mummy

Eh? said...

Katus: That's so true hehehe fair enough surprise us all :)

Lol nooooooo...they started ages ago and that's what I said hehehe. Just that in the 70's they made different. But it's the 30's and 40's which they made it popular lol.

True point taken about that one. Plus what I meant by classics was not the public education stuff, what I meant was like Sinatra, Nat King Cole, etc.

:( You doing better now? Not as bad anymore? Plus the knitting...sigh...and the files...did you get to recover all of them or only what you told me?

Mother: :( You doing ok as well? Surviving on Fridays now? Hey I came in on Fridays and still saw some people. Surely there's people on Fridays right?

Awwww mummy, I was meaning to call you and talk to you about stuff lol. Let me know when you're free and I'll text or call you to set the record straight :)

Plus I'll be blogging soon. When I get my act together lol :P Hey I'm getting there lol. Just been a little busy lately...

Ascasewwen said...

I like songs rather than being attached to particular 'classic' singers or groups. Although I do confess a partiality to George Formby, until I get one of his songs stuck in my head. lol

I'm doing better. And I'm a little less crazy today because I actually got out and had some contact with someone who isn't a housemate or a parent. lol

With the files, as I said, all the videos from my old camera were fine. The ones from my new one hadn't been saved, but a while ago I sent most of them to a friend so thanks to the marvellous gmail I was able to download them from the sent emails.

Looking forward to your next blog entry when you find time. (that wasn't a hint- I know how it is trying to get around to blogging)

Anonymous said...

Oh, I seem to have stumbled into an already well established blog conversation....

Matt: I miss you, but it is good to know that you still exist, even if it is only seeing you at Grace and Moses' wedding, or reading your blogposts. Hopefully, you'll be less busy sometime...although I'm probably going to be really busy next year

Kate: I probably would end up liking 40s songs if you took the time to lock me up and make me listen to them...new music is good. this time 2 years ago, i didn't even know who nightwish were (even though they'd been around for much longer) and now they're my favourite band).

Ali: lecture notes *are* no place for a mighty warrior...yeah, i'd probably be insanely bored if you weren't in tep493 with me, drawing pictures and whatnot.

I don't know if any of that made sense at all

Ascasewwen said...

It did indeed make sense, Bella. Well, I don't know if I exactly converted you or not, but I certainly educated you on Queen using that method during the many times you've been in my car. ;o)

Eh? said...

Katus: Ahhh I see what you mean hehehe. I'm still partial to Nat King Cole though. Awesome guy and brilliant vocals for someone back then hehehe :) George Formby...LOL hehehe...

Yay!!!! Good to hear you're not as insane as you normally are :P Only joking hehehe but it is good to hear that you're doing well hehehe :)

YAY for sending videos to people!!! Woot!!! Hehehe :)

BELLA!!!! Hey hehehe. Yeah I'm still around somewhat hehehe. I'm trying to make myself less busy but hey things are the way they are I guess :( Sigh.

LOL well Queen is classic. I mean you HAVE to appreciate the classics regardless of whether you like them or not.

Ohhhhh Bella you like Nightwish huh? Prog rock!!! Woot!!! Staind is still the classic for it, but check out one of my favs - Within Temptation. Awesome, awesome, awesome. They're fantastic hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Ah Matt, Sean already beat you to introducing me to Within Temptation...hehe, I heard them before I heard Nightwish! But I love them, too.

Eh? said...

But they're better than Nightwish though...lol hahaha

Anonymous said...

I generally compare songs rather than artists....my absolute favourite song at the moment is nightwish, but within tempation is right up there aswell

also i went to see nightwish in concert so that was fun

Eh? said...

Ohhhhh so that's how you do it hehehe. I'm artist loyal hehe.

Niiiice when was that? Damn hahaha if only I knew I would've comeee hahaha!