I was meant to post earlier but once again stupid life got in the way >.< But at least now I'm trying to make myself come here more often and post more about me...in a vague sense hehehe. Hey you have those online stalkers you know and they're pretty freaky...a friend of mine got tracked through fb and this guy found my friend's home address...it's not cool...
So yeah after Mo's wedding to be honest nothing much has happened as I've just been wrapping up stuff...I still have some other stuff to finish off as well but it's ok that can wait hehehe. Although I do have to say that recently I've been influenced by a "House" phase. Not the show unfortunately but the music. I don't know I feel like listening to chilled relaxed beats of late and most of the stuff I've bought recently has been chilled relaxed beats. I think it's a sign I'm getting old hehehe.
I don't know house music is relaxing to some, dance music to some others and weird to most. Just a preference I guess...
But yeah apart from this house phase thing, I did have a chat recently to a friend about their relational problems and one thing stood out - When you're in/involved in the situation, how come, although you know better or more about what you should do, you never do and rational thought goes out the window? Any takers because it's something I've wanted to figure out but never been able to...
I'm still studying and oh yeah hehehe I still haven't learnt from uni lol...I was at work and submitted my assignment 20 mins before midnight...which was also the deadline...so yeah I was pretty much dead the next day lol. Sucked big time :(
In my last post I talked about change and how that might apply lol. Well considering Katus and mother found it really vague I'm going to make this super vague hehehe :) Super VAGUE!!!! Hehehe na I'm not in a state to be thinking right now lol but what I can say is the unexpected changes in your life hit you pretty hard. I'm going through that right now and yeah it's like "Wow...what just happened?" Plus being in a dazed state doesn't help lol hahaha...
Just a short one just to let you know I'm still sorta alive and kicking and GOOD LUCK!!!! STUDY HARD FOR THE EXAMS!!!!! You guys can do it hehehe :)
5 comments:
Was wondering how things were going with you.
When I read about your newfound interest in house music I actually went 'OH NO' out loud. It's enough to have one friend who's obsessed with that kind of music, but et tu Matt?
The reason you can't be rational when you're involved in a situation is because your emotions are involved, and emotions are not rational things. Most people, whether they realise it or not, live by their emotions rather than what's rational. Guys do it too, because I'm not even talking the hyper-emotions of girls, I'm just talking about simple 'this makes me happy' 'this makes me sad' 'I want to be happy not sad so I'll follow the slightest hope for happiness'. Change 'this' to 'insert a name here' and that's the cause of most relational problems- people chasing what once was rather than dealing with what now is. Because emotions are indifferent to time, because time is a rational concept (sort of).
And what do you mean you didn't learn from uni? Isn't the sole purpose of uni to teach you how to leave something to the last minute possible and still get it in just in the nick of time?
Fun fact: the word verification doodad has given me a coherent word that's kind of cool- tocksand.
Yeah sorry been pretty busy with the obvious stuff that you know about LOL hehehe. It happened today :) Still in a dazed state hahaha :)
HAHAHAHA well here's a little known fact about me that very few people actually realise - I've been a dance fan for a good portion of my life. Ever since something like year 9 or 10 I've been a dance fan.
Now I've been more of a hardcore trance/happy hardcore and very much the stuff you don't hear too often. I've loved that and I always will. The thing with house is that I've always thought of it as 'soft' or for those who can't keep up with the true beats.
It's only really recently that I've discovered the joy of house music being just chilled relaxed beats. It's been a welcome addition to my eclectic taste hehehe :)
Yeah I guess emotions do warp it but still I don't get why we have to be sooo tied to it...like I get it in terms of a "Oh I like [insert name here]" and stuff like that...but how that itself makes things complicated? If that makes sense...
Also about how we're chasing for things of the past - one other thing that's made me wonder is how come we're also focused on changing the past? I mean this is something that I've struggled with because I want to change stuff from the past as well lol but I don't get why we reminiscence alot as well?
LOL well for what I'm doing you can't do that because you get screwed...just like cramming :(
HAHAHAHA "doodad" and HAHAHAHA tocksand hehehe. Oh dear you've had too much time on your hands huh? Hahhahaha!!!
Argh! I posted a long comment and my internet cut out when I tried to post it, so I lost it. Take two...
Yay for it happening yesterday! Has it sunk in yet or are you still in a daze?
Matt, you are a walking 'little known fact'. And you know full well that you love being an enigma. It is surprising, however, how many closet dance fans there are.
We want to change the past because we want to reverse mistakes and misfortunes. We reminisce because we always remember far more of the good than we do of the bad. Essentially, the answer to this entire conundrum is that humans are ridiculous, irrational creatures.
Actually this week I'm rather busy. When I'm not supervising exams, doing uni stuff or running around doing various other things, I'm making a whole heap of stuff for the silent auction we're having at annual dinner.
Speaking of which, should go do that now.
After I've handed my assignment in tomorrow I have a test next week and then I'm done with uni- hooray!
Yeah, I got an Italian sounding word for word verification - conselli...don't know what it means though!
Hmm...house music, interesting. I admit now that genre labels such as that mean nothing to me...I never get who defines what genre a song is. Anyway, respect for the eclectic music taste!
Katus: Nooooo stupid net...well now it's been a little while. It's set in but I'm not settled if that makes sense somehow lol...
Hahaha lol hey I'm not ENTIRELY an enigma lol. Just because I'm not around anymore :( Lol you'd be surprised yah hehehe but I've never been a closet dance fan...just that no one's asked lol hahaha.
True and that's a good point hehehe. I'll leave it at us being irrational hahaha :)
Wow damn that's crazy how was annual dinner anyways?
WOOT FOR FINISHING UNI NOW YAY!!!!!!!! KATUS HAS FINISHED WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!
Bella: The word verification sounds like "concierge" lol...hahaha
Well with genres it's more to make our life easier to describe things hehehe.
Hehehe yup eclectic tastes in music makes you appreciate heaps of stuff. Like I like stuff from Metallica, Within Temptation, Nightwish and I like stuff from Kayne, Nelly and Ne-Yo where it's totally different. That's just a simple comparison lol...
Post a Comment