Saturday, September 18, 2004

Crunch Time...

Yeah this is it. It's officially crunch time now. Now i seriously need to figure out my stuff and start studying like alot. I need to clear out some stuff and just focus on the most important things i have right now. Everything else that's slightly important or isn't that important can wait.

Friday

Yeah didn't do all that much, well apart from a bit of qmb and alot of qma. I didn't really have a choice for qma did i? I mean yeah i did have an exam later on. The worst thing was that it had to be held on Conception Day argh. I mean that's the biggest day of the year in the uni, where everyone in first year turns up, well almost everyone. So yeah i wasn't happy that i had to miss out on Conception Day just for a stupid exam.

Apparently, the macro exam was moved because of Conception Day. Macro was held last week and i think i heard from a few people that it was supposed to be on the same time as the qma exam. That would have sucked alot for everyone who did both then. I mean out of all the days, it just had to be held on Conception Day. Oh well yeah instead of being at uni getting pissed, i was stuck at home, hearing nothing but the wind, and studying. Oh well what can you do?

By the time i got to uni, it wasn't that late, i was about 1/2 an hour early, which is pretty good so yeah. But the thing was that on the way to the lecture hall for the exam, all i could hear was some band playing their stuff so yeah i was like "Omg this is what i'm going to hear for my exam...oh great..." There were like streams of people for 5:30pm on a friday at uni. To cap things off, everyone at Macquarie who had friday classes, didn't due to Conception Day. I don't know how they'll make it up, but yeah they'll do it eventually.

So yeah the exam wasn't that hard if you knew your stuff. Unfortunately for me, i knew something like that would stuff me and it did. I'm not confident for about 1/4 of the paper. I mean sure i'm pretty sure for alot of it, but yeah i mean it took way too much time. It's the first exam that i can say that i almost ran out of time for. A 50 minute exam which usually takes me 40/45 minutes took me the whole 50 minutes. That's not good considering the finals will be even harder than what was in that paper.

Ran into Monica after the exam and yeah she gave me a lift over to Mac centre for no reason. Well i had to walk that way so yeah meh. But yeah she wasn't confident about the whole paper period. Not good, but yeah she' s the type who can do well in finals and it'll get her through. But after that, went off to church for an evangelistic talk, which really hammered home the basic concepts of what i understand. I mean i do a hell of alot of things wrong and stuff, but yeah going over basics is a good thing since it reminds people about what they should believe in.

Today

I spent quite a bit of the day doing the practice set. I spent 2 hours finishing off one month of it. Unlike most people, we've gotta do 2 months worth of everything, but the good thing is that we're using a periodic inventory system so no inventory cards for us. That's about the only good thing. It's worth 10% and not good argh. Apart from that, did qmb and yeah going to finish off some more qmb stuff later on. I need to finish an online quiz and finish off my part of the assignment. Thanda's done alot for it and stuff so yeah without her i'd be like "Crap...i got so much more to do..." So yeah i'm grateful for what she's done, even though of her recent exploits and stuff that's happened to her, well yeah it's just the timing of it all.

Apart from that, gave Sisi a call just to see how she was doing and how her cruise was. It wasn't on the Glass Island nor was it on the Lady Rose. It was apparently on something worse than the Lady Rose. That's saying something. Also gave Dave a call just to see how he's holding up. I still can't believe we've had to miss out on his b'day just because he hasn't the time. I mean i don't have time, but i'd try to make time for his thing. Oh well.

Tomorrow, is the first baptism class for me, and apart from that i need to finish off the qmb and accounting work. It's not a good combo.

Crunch time = no other time to think of stuff, well not that much time anyway. So yeah nothing new really...

No comments: