Saturday, December 30, 2006

2006

Wow I thought last year flew by heaps fast. For long time readers of this blog and the other various blogs that I've kept, you'll know that this yearly post is normally really, really vague, short and merely a recap of the past few days of what's happened. This year's a little different: going to do a recap of the actual year. A small disclaimer though: This one's not nearly as vague as it normally is.

It's been such a strange yet eventful year. So many things have happened this year that have impacted on me in heaps of ways. They've changed the way I've viewed family, friends, uni, work and church. Even recently, things have happened that you would never think would ever happen, including the breaking of traditions. It just shows how much has happened over the past year which is just crazy.

My older readers would understand this more: I'd reckon that this year is more crazy and more things have happened compared to the past 2 years. It shows how much the world has changed for me, especially since the start of uni.

I'm so grateful for many of the changes that have happened this year, and for once I can officially say that this has been a really rewarding and enjoyable year. There's just something that's made it so much fun this year as well. But yeah it's quite a change compared to the other years of late.

It's also a year where, for me, there haven't been many really complicated problems. But for others though, that's a vastly different story. I've shared more highs and lows with people rather than them sharing my stuff. I've been really blessed this year in heaps of ways in that regard.

I've also been blessed in just the experiences with specific people and groups this year. It's been awesome to have these great experiences with heaps of people and groups. Especially with some select people: things won't be the same next year, but it's not over and I don't think I'll ever escape either. That's the scary part - that I'll never escape lol :P

But it's also been quite a tough year with people as well, specifically in terms of leaving. It's funny how some people came and left throughout the year, the beginning, middle and end of the year. Normally it's just the beginning and end of the year, but in the middle's a rarity. Either way, the people that have left this year is quite saddening. Also those about to leave as well, that sucks heaps more as well :(

This year also marks a shift in the influences around me as well. Some will never change, but how much they influence me has. I never thought it'd be possible, but then again it's just a shift. I'm sure things won't be different regardless :) But with what's happened this year, I wouldn't have it any other way.

But all in all, it's been an awesome year and there are things I wish I could still be doing next year. Of course things will be vastly different next year, but I've cherished the moments that have happened this year. Have a happy and safe New Years with whatever you're doing, and I'll catch most of you next year :)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still vague. Happy New Year!

Eh? said...

It's not that vague though. You can make out some things here and there. Obviously some lines mean more than just one event as well though...

Happy New Year!

Ascasewwen said...

Ha, it's your blog and you can be vague (or cryptic) if you want to, right?

Eh? said...

That's right :) I'm glad you understand Katus :) Now it's just trying to figure out what I mean...

Anonymous said...

Considering you didn't actually mention any names or specific incidents, I would class that as vague :P

Eh? said...

Not as vague as it could be. I'm sure you guys could work out at least one of them :)

Anonymous said...

I do understand. I was just agreeing that yearly post vague.

Eh? said...

I know you do :) I just had to point out the obvious for the sake of it :)