I'm just so tired from going to everything. It's been quite a hectic week in terms of birthdays and it's not even one of the few hectic times for birthdays, which kinda freaks me out since there's more birthdays during that period compared to what I've just been to over the past week and a bit...But yeah I'm sure it can't be THAT bad...
Vani's 21st was first up over the past week, well the Saturday before last. I was thinking that I might not attend this one because I had other important matters to attend to, but that finished early so was able to make it. Yeah was great to finally meet some of her other friends in general. I've heard about some of them (like Chrissy) and never seen them, well now I have :) Also great to see some old faces as well like Bec, Steph, Mina and Kim. Also saw Tony Chen for the first time in over 3 years. It was interesting to say the least. Seems like he hasn't changed much since school, which is a good or bad thing depending on what your perception of him was/is.
I'm shocked to say that Chrissy and Steph held back from saying really embarrassing stuff about Vani. It's exactly the time to let everything out :P But then again I can't say much for myself as I didn't say anything. An open forum was announced for anyone who wanted to say something about Vani, and I didn't say anything. Oh well. No big loss. It's only me...Apart from all that, I was held up in heaps of calls for some reason that night and didn't mingle as much. Oh well. But a great party anyways :)
Next up was Manda's 21st on the night before Anzac Day. The theme was one of the more interesting ones - to dress up in something that reminds you of her. I rocked up as a port connoisseur because I couldn't find one of those belts that karate people use. But yeah people turned up as anime characters, people from Les Mis, people from first person shooter games, rainbows (for friends that encompass everything for someone), geology experts and people with CU shirts.
Apart from the theme, it was quiet a smaller affair. Not as many people turned up. But as with all events involving CU people, t'was great to see people again and to catch up with what they're doing. One lesson that has already been shared and one which I have to reiterate - One must assume that when one wears a wig all day, his or her hair must be missing. Quite hilarious during speeches when you notice something like that. The dancing was hilarious from the sounds of things. I wasn't there - was talking with Mike and Tom about stuff so wasn't there. From the "ooooooooooooooo"'s and such, sounded quite interesting...
After the party was dying down, a few of us decided to crash the Teahouse where it was interesting to see how everyone, especially Manda, functions at about 3 in the morning. Manda and her present opening...quite hilarious. Awesome to see though :) Of course Dougie's improvement of the furniture and the faces of Ems and Dougie when he "improved" it was absolute gold. Hilarious times as usual. T'was really good though :)
If you've talked to me over the past week, you would've known that this week would've been pretty packed with birthdays. Of course there's these 2, but then if you talked to me after that, Saturday was the day I was telling everyone about. A combined 21st with 3 school people and a 20th was what happened and was crazy. I'm still tired from all of that.
Dougie's 20th was the start. Met up with Ash, Ben, Ems and Katus and rocked over to Chinatown to eat. Duck was alright, was a little too dry for my liking but I'm picky though. Of course the leftovers had to be given to someone...*Jarryd and Ant/Linda*. But yeah great to see Jarryd and Ant again. Oh yeah if you get a chance, pray for Ant and all the Moore people as they're on mission for a week, so if you have nothing else to pray for, now you do :)
Dougie had to leave early to the bar so didn't eat that much at all, but after we all rocked up to the bar, things were ok. Read up on Katus' blog (and later on Ems if she bothers to post :P) to see what happened at the Slip Inn. I only stayed for about half an hour and only chatted to a few people here and there because there was another event happening that day...
That, of course, was Wonga's, Mickey's and Ko's combined 21st. I haven't been to this sort of party in ages - one that I haven't organised and known a few too many people. Fair enough, about a third of them were from school, but there were church people and also their uni people who I've met before from random parties. So it was quite interesting...
It was also another time to catch up with a few people I hadn't seen for a while. Some I hadn't seen for about a few days, and others for about 3 years (not including some of the school boys, which is a bit over 3 years...), and so that was pretty interesting. Of course it wouldn't have been complete without hilarious speeches.
For those who're avid WoW gamers, you would've liked Grant's speech to Ko. He used a WoW analogy to describe one of Ko's worst party animal moments. Fortunately none of his parents were there to hear that. But his girlfriend was there though, but she didn't really say anything about it. Then there was Mickey and his love of KFC and his 100 gigs of material which the nature of such material will not be disclosed here. Of course Mickey denied all accusations as you do when faced with such a situation.
Then Wonga...well...we'll just say that it was hilarious to hear all these stories about Wonga, especially some of the looks Vicky gave him with some things. There was also a yard there as well, and when the backlog of pics get put up, you'll see what I mean. But yeah it was awesome to see heaps of the boys again, especially heaps of those who I haven't seen in ages.
Not much happened after the party finished...or well after we were kicked out at midnight. Well there was something, but because I'm boring, I didn't go. Some of the people went over to the apartments at World Square as some of them hired an apartment out for that night, but a few of us were hungry and ate then went home. Nothing too special there.
For those who went, how was Wendy Lu's 21st? I know it was on the same night as the stuff just above, but what happened? Haven't talked to that girl in years...
The backlog of pics will be sorted when I have some time...which is...well...I'm not sure when that is...
Yes it's been a bit busy, but oh well what can you say? Besides, there'll be more interesting times to come, especially when this particular birthday season hits...
[EDIT] [RANT]
It's happened twice this week now. Who in their right mind would sit in the middle seat on the back seat on the bus WHEN THE REST OF THE SEAT'S EMPTY? It's always this same guy sitting in the same spot. You're not overweight or have any disabilities of any kind, and even if you do, you should be sitting closer to the front so people can help you out.
But noooooo...you had to hog the back seat because "it makes you comfortable" or something like that. Don't you have the common courtesy to even think about other people? I'm not saying I don't hog seats, I do, but I don't hog an entire back row, I'm not that stupid to hog 5 seats to myself...Rich people thinking they rule the world and hence gives them the "right" to do whatever they want whenever they want. What arrogant people...
Kinda gets bad when there's no other seats on the bus either...
[/RANT][/EDIT]
[EDIT 2] He still hasn't learnt. Still taking the exact same seat hogging all that space all for himself. I honestly don't know who taught him to do that. I mean it's not that uncomfy taking the side seats on that back row. Someone should seriously talk to him about manners...[/EDIT 2]
No comments:
Post a Comment