Thursday, April 19, 2007

*Shrugs*

Of late, it's getting quieter and it's been dying down. It's great news for me because I want a break from everything so it's getting better. I guess for those people who read this quite often, you guys expect me to blog pretty infrequently, but might have expected an update especially with those two last little posts. Meh. I've been told my blogs are pretty boring and fair enough, most of it's updating what I've been up to and I'm just a crappy writer. What can I say? It's never been a strong point of mine...

Ajo's 21st was on a few weekends ago, and to be at a twins' 21st is definitely something that's pretty weird. Especially if the twins are almost completely opposite to each other. It's pretty interesting to see how the different groups of people just mingle and whatnot. There weren't many uni people for Ajo, at least half the people he knows at uni (I think) were at Ignition so there wasn't much point in inviting them when they're 4 hours drive away...

Needless to say, caught up with some select people so that was good :) Especially when you really don't get a chance to see them often, well, at all really.

Apart from the twins 21st, nothing much happened at all. The weekend after that was really quiet; stayed at home and just relaxed. Finally caught up watching all the DVD’s I bought but hadn’t seen (Kill Bill 2 and FF7: Advent Children), which was good because I’d bought them about 4ish months ago and hadn’t had the time to watch them.

Speaking of the DVD’s, FF7 Advent Children – sooooooooooo good. I know I heard about it, but I didn’t know how good it was. Comparing this one to the older FF movie doesn’t do this justice, because they’re just two different movies altogether. This FF movie’s just way too good compared to the old one.

CG’s were awesome as expected, but unlike the last one, this storyline made sense. I really didn’t like the old one because it was all over the place. This one’s in one place and doesn’t really jump around as much. Cloud’s still awesome and so’s Tifa. The best thing about this is if you hadn’t played or known about FF7 or the FF series, you wouldn’t need it to understand the movie because it gives you a short intro into parts of what the game was on about.

Easter was pretty quiet. The only thing that happened (apart from the really important stuff – church) was the Teahouse on Easter Monday. Just a chance to see people again and was great. Dougie never fails to show his wares and I wish the videos came out better, because it was sooooooooooooo worth seeing.

Dougie and Kate on camera. Enough said. Dougie and Manda on camera. Enough said again. We’ll just say the pickup 101 class with Manda was quite informative for those of us who struggle with the pickup, with said hilarity topped by talking fridge toys having a little snuggle with Kate, then Hannah. Hilarious times :)

Oh yeah, Mo says hi to you lot who were there. I was supposed to tell you guys. Didn't get around to do so. Oh well. No biggie, it's only Mo :P

Stay tuned for more things to come. Especially the run up to busy season, as in the next few weeks of birthdays :)

7 comments:

Ascasewwen said...

Oh, the videos didn't work out so well? How utterly TRAGIC. Words cannot convey how heartbroken I am over that fact.

*goes out of earshot of computer* WOOHOO!! HAHAHA!! *dances around in vindictive glee* *composes self and returns to computer*

Probably something that ought to have been caught on video but mercifully wasn't was you, Hannah and my David Attenborough style commentary, about which the others still remain blissfully ignorant. And for which we three can remain most grateful. lol

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm... cryptic references to events I was too caught up in other things to be aware of. Ug. *sniff, sniff*

Lol - yay for a blog from Matt!! He he he. See you Tuesday!

Ascasewwen said...

lol No, it wasn't that you were caught up with other events, it was just that only Hannah, Matt and I were around for that. If everyone had been there we wouldn't have done it because a) there is no need to give a commentary on the group's actions when you're part of the group, and b) we are most relieved that you didn't all hear the commentary anyway. Right, Matt? lol

Eh? said...

Katus: I thought my phone's camera would suffice for such an event, but I guess I underestimated how crap my phone's camera is...Not making the same mistake next time :P

...

AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME ABOUT THAT? We will get that out of your one day...

Ems: You were too busy doing everything anyways. Apart from the talking toys, EVERYONE was there for that one...

Eh? said...

The commentary...well...we'll get it on tape one day :P Quite amusing to hear :P

Besides, Ems, you just need to notice where certain people are at certain times. Especially when the commentary was going ahead :P

Ascasewwen said...

No, I think the David Attenborough commentary was a once off, unrepeatable product of the moment.

Eh? said...

With stubborn people like us, I'm sure it could be repeated...