Alright slightly personal questions and a random one at that, but do you guys know what you wanna do with your lives?
Apart from the natural uncertainties about yourself (if you have any that is), are you sure about who you are and what you're after?
Decisions about bigger stuff, like lifestyle as an example, does that have a purpose? Is it forced? Is it haphazard?
It'd be cool if you could help me out with this and somehow ignore the randomness of this. Thanks :)
11 comments:
Heya Matt. :-)
I don't know for sure what I am doing with my life - I know I want to work with kids, but I don't know what age or where. I know I want to go on mission overseas, but I don't know yet where God'll send me. I one day hope to be married and have children, but I don't know whether that will happen and, if so, who to or when.
Life at times seems not to have a purpose, but then I look at verses like Romans 8:28 and I realise that that's not what's important. My purpose is nothing... it's God's purpose that is driving my life, and that is what I should be living for.
"For we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to HIS PURPOSE." (emphasis naturally mine, lol)
As to who I am... I am what it says on my blog. My parents daughter, my siblings' sister, my friends' friend... I am me. But, again most importantly, I am a child of God. That is what I strive to be wherever possible, and that is what I hope defines me.
Does that help at all? Sorry it's so long!
Stop referring to situations that aren't your problems!!!!!!!
You know how determined I am. You know what I want. And you know I'm never normal.
Hope that doesn't help =P
Remember that this was out of thin air. There was nothing you could do.
Ems: Thanks for that. It helps a point of mine that's been made quite clear this past year...and it also doesn't help it. Confusing huh?
Jess: Shush you. Just because you like complicating things for me because of YOUR, yes your, sadistic nature doesn't mean I can't see right through you :P
Oh now I'm sadistic? If I'm sadistic, what are you?
You can see right through me? What was I "trying" to say? You're so paranoid *humph*
Hey you know you're sadistic. That doesn't need to be said.
You were trying to confuse me. You do know that it doesn't work with me.
I'm sure if you took some time to think about it you'll actually know better than for you to try and complicate/confuse things. :P
There there. It's alright to admit I'm right :) No harm in it at all
So Mr let's-laugh-at-people-who-stack-on-flat-ground-when-it's-not-their-fault thinks I'm sadistic ahead of himself? Whatever.
You're so egotistical. You just want to feel superior to the world. You're never superior to me punk.
It was a mistake to talk to you again.
I'm not saying I'm not. I'm saying you are too. All you need to do is admit it that's all.
Who said I was superior to you? Where the hell did this attitude come from? What did someone do to provoke you? Don't give me this "Matt's such a bastard" talk. I know you better than that and you know that too. So what's really wrong?
I'm sure word's passed around to you about what's happening back here. I'm not saying it's been easy for you, but don't put all your crap on me because you can. What's happened to you?
wooooah....
anyway, my spider-sense is telling me that whatever we say won't give you the answer you're looking for dude. what you want is someone exactly in your situation to make the right decision, so you know what to do.
been there, done that, got the stitches.
part of having faith in God and living that is when you're in a situation and you don't know the right decision, and all you can do is try to stick to what God says to do, and step into the scary crazy unknown, trusting that God has this whole crazy thing under control.
which He does, and when we try to follow Him, not knowing the step that comes next, but still trusting Him, it's then we see Him and His plan - coz we know WE had nothing to do with the results - God used us to His perfect plan :D
Praised be the name of the LORD.
ysic, alison-mum.
Thanks mum :) Thank you for that clarification :)
I hope the post above helps you on why I'm asking these questions...
I overreacted then. Sorry.
Post a Comment