What can I say? There actually hasn't been that many things that are actually blog worthy to note. That's pretty different. Especially since everyone's in exams as well. That sorta shut down most people's social lives, but increased procrastination meant for lovely reading for people who read blogs/walls/etc. Me? Well I still have quite a bit to catch up on - I'm about a week-ish behind everything in terms of reading everything. I'll get there :)
Saturday was pretty full on. Had Katus' 21st along with Liss/Pappy's combined 21st, so it kept life busy for a while after a huge long while of pretty much nothing.
Katus' 21st was pretty good, from what little time I was there. Oooooooo it's officially the first 21st that I've been to where a blackout's happened. It was actually pretty cool. Well ok for me it was cool the entire time the lights were out, since I was only there for the blackout :( Sorry Katus :(
From the time I was there though, it was really good :) Props go to Helen's hat...that DEFINITELY takes the cake for one of the maddest hats out there, also Jenny and Sarah for the Wonka hat from the Easter Show. Very dangerous in the wet, but very eye catching :) I missed Chris' song to Katus and I heard it was quite priceless. Not fun grrrr. Oh well can't have everything my way.
Glad to see some of Katus' friends from her church as well. Good thing that they don't remember how we are...especially with Hannah and Chrissie. Chrissie had it bad - she had no idea of how Katus and I would act and the things we talked about confused her, and it was the first time she'd heard us talk. Poor girl. But then again it's no excuse for Hannah to forget how we are; well how I am especially with waving and repetition in general. I'm disappointed.
Apart from saying hi to Hannah and seeing Chrissie, I didn't get much of a chance to have a chat with Katus' friends from her church, which was disappointing, but yeah it's alright. I'm sure Katus had an awesome time with both us and her church friends. Also the danger of the two groups mixing as well hehehe. I'm sure she found that pretty funny...Ok ok maybe not funny but disturbingly funny :)
Having the blackout definitely helped with the ambiance, and the candles were definitely a hit. Of course it was all planned from the start *nods**cough**nods*. Quite a cozy atmosphere with the lights out. Except when Dougie and I were leaving. Just after the two of us said our goodbyes and was just heading out the door, the lights came back on and everyone saw the two of us. Ah well Dougie always liked a grand exit lol :P
The reason why we were leaving was we had to attend the other party on that night - Pappy's/Liss' combined 21st. The amount of people there, it was crazy. For those who know where it was held and have visited that place before - the normal dining room and about 1/4 of the backyard were the only areas that people could walk into. Now imagine about 100 people there at one time. Crazy.
They had a marquee over the 1/4 of the backyard and a dance floor there with a small band there playing and singing some tunes. Pretty crazy considering how many people were there and the space they had to host the party. Quite crazy.
Quite a few people were there from everywhere that Liss and Pappy knew people. Especially CU, St James and Christ Church (obviously). Good to see some people I haven't seen in a while as well. Also good to see people from CU that I haven't seen in ages as well. Special mention to Brett and Pete as I haven't seen them for quite a few months. Yeah sounds like nothing, but going from seeing them virtually a few days every week to once in like 7/8 months is something.
Speeches were absolutely hilarious. Especially the one from Pappy's dad. That was absolute gold. Crude, but gold. He was basically selling Pappy to people saying how she can clean, earn money and has alot of "passion" - I'll let you figure out what that might mean in how ever many different ways.
Dancing was entertaining. For those people who honestly don't know some people - Abecina can dance. I knew he could have, but I wasn't sure. Other people just had absolutely no idea he could at all. Especially with that theme - an 'entertainer'. He's always an entertainer so it doesn't matter what he wore, but he did tear up the dance floor. Props to Ash for her "ring master" costume and Liss for her bollywood type of dress (sorry I'm an uneducated individual so I don't know the proper name for it, my apologies to those who're reading this and know what it's called)
Just in case we didn't have enough fun, on the way out from her party, a few of us saw another couple of people standing around in the middle of the street looking like they're doing nothing. As we approach them, we find out the real reason - the dew from the evening made a car stuck in mud, as it was parked on a bit of grass. The amount of time and how much people were pushing that thing out, trying to figure out the best way of pushing a thing like that was absolutely hilarious. The pics have one particular pic of the consequences of such action - absolute gold for photos :)
Bella's 22nd was not too long after and that was pretty good as well. Returned to old stomping grounds - Inferno's - for some safe food. Very hilarious when you combine and see Bella on a sugar high. Of course it wasn't that much, but her and Ben on sugar is quite a spectacle. Sure they weren't all that hyped up, but if they were on more sugar...I'd run. But that's just me lol.
Present opening was good with Bella getting some nice little presents - including a new hat. She was pretty happy to see a new hat :) The cake as well. I didn't have a slice of it, but it looked quite nice. I did want some of it though, but not to be.
No fancy dress-ups for this one, just rocking up in what you had. It was a nice, *slightly* quiet evening around friends I hadn't been in constant contact for a while.
Just in case I didn't have enough, rocked over to CU's dessert night and was definitely great to speak to Scotty again, even though we didn't get to speak too much. Also awesome to speak to other people I hadn't seen since for quite a few months, just like what happened at Liss/Pappy's. Seeing the new 1st years as well...makes me want to get back into CU, but times have changed.
Although I didn't really get to speak to too many people, it was definitely great to see some select people and just to chill with them. I definitely need to meet up with more of them more often, but everyone's pretty busy these days and it's pretty hard. Of course there's other events that I might have to turn up to, but unfortunately one of them won't be MYC. I really wish I could turn up, but due to other commitments and time constraints, it's virtually impossible :(
Watching Abecina and Tiff jam for a while was a great sight, except when Abecina decided to play "Can't get You out of my Head" by a particular short Australian singer. I honestly couldn't stand it grrrrrrr. It's just that bad lol. Oh well it's just not my taste.
Speaking of being sick, the flu's gone around recently. I had a sore throat about a few months ago, and I passed it onto a few people (Hey it wasn't my fault, I was trying to keep it to myself, until I started speaking). Then the few people passed it to a few more, and now I'm sick again. Sore throat like last time, along with a fever and a runny nose. It hasn't been good. I know that seeing all those people within the last week did switch around some of my routines and it did shock the system a bit, but grrrrrrrr...
Also doesn't help that I'm still up right now blogging and I'm not feeling well at all. I'm at the stage where I'm tired but I can't sleep. I tried sleeping early too, and that didn't work at all, so I woke up, became tired and couldn't get back to sleep. Also doesn't help that I would've needed to get up soon as well. Argh oh well hopefully I'll get better.
But there's plenty of other people who're sick so yeah it kinda sucks for heaps of people. Oh well it's alright, I'm sure people will get better soon, hopefully anyways.
Pics are up for it, check it out as usual. I thought other people would've taken heaps of pics anyways so I didn't take as many as I normally would. Oh well it's about time someone else took over...
It sounds like I've done quite a bit over the month, but they're the only things worth blogging about though. Just to let you know what's happening with me that's all. Other stuff that's happened just isn't blog worthy so there's no point honestly.
Well have an awesome time during holidays :) Relax :)
2 comments:
Yay for posting and yay for putting up the photos so quickly- thanks.
Incidentally, I do believe you mean Christie rather than Chrissie. The various circles of my friends certainly got on far too well... as nicely shown by Jole daring Ben to eat a candle, and Chris and Lachlan showing their, uh, creative side.
Did you know that not only was there a grand exit when you and Doug left, but my school friends made a grand entrance when the lights went out as soon as they walked in the door? As all Oaks jokes are lost here I shan't reiterate them. lol
"Hey it wasn't my fault, I was trying to keep it to myself, until I started speaking"
LOL!!
Hope you recover swiftly.
My apologies with Christie. It was late obviously when I typed that up. Wasn't really thinking it was Christie.
Hehehe well then heaps of your friends like making grand appearances don't they? Ah the moments lol :)
Hey any of you in the city anytime soon? Like in about 2 weeks?
Post a Comment